Need some criticism

Bordin234

Space Marshal
Dec 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Bordin232
So as of now the only ship I will never get rid of is my carrack which is tied to my rear admiral pack. But I recently melted my hammerhead and might do the same with the cutlass I have. My question is should I get a polaris next go around if it’s still $750 I’m new here but this org seems great and would love to provide something usefull there’s other options such as endeavor or rebuying my merchantman but kinda just looking for some constructive criticism thanks in advance.

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
I hear you pretty much at one point have had most ships than melted them for something else. I think it would be nice to have the polaris since I have the funds available in store credit but its just one of those tough decisions.
The downside of the Polaris is it's absolutely not a ship you can make money with on your own, and maybe not at all. It's a powerful strategic asset that probably will be important for holding or taking territory. I don't know at what point in the game we will need that level of firepower tho, and the operating costs will be big, especially right at the start when you'll need to gear it up to mil-spec.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
this org seems great and would love to provide something usefull
Although this is really nice of you, it should be the least of your worries. The org has TONS of ships, plenty to go around, so we've basically got everything covered.
My advice is to focus on the stuff you want to do in game. Will you fly mostly solo or with a group? What professions / activities do you like the most?

Bordin234

Space Marshal
Dec 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Bordin232
Yeah I would prefer to stick with trading rare goods and exploring although I never shy away from a good fight. But just wanted some opinions I think I will keep the Banu and maybe look at the endeavor and a terrapin or maybe a fighter just so I have one if needed.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
So as of now the only ship I will never get rid of is my carrack which is tied to my rear admiral pack. But I recently melted my hammerhead and might do the same with the cutlass I have. My question is should I get a polaris next go around if it’s still $750 I’m new here but this org seems great and would love to provide something usefull there’s other options such as endeavor or rebuying my merchantman but kinda just looking for some constructive criticism thanks in advance.
Depends on what you want to do in the game.

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
Wow, I am a little disappointed... I read need some criticism, and only one critical reply so far... what has happened to my internets??? Step away for a minute and the world turns upside down.

As to the OP... you need a hair cut.
Oh crap, you're right. I totally didn't say anything critical.

To the OP!!!

Your indecisive and excessively unselfish considerations on what ship you are thinking about buying make me think you don't drink enough! Drink more beer and pick a ship at random that looks cool, then crash it into things because DUI's in space are not a thing yet!

And yea, also get a haircut!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
It seems to me that you've boxed your self into a corner. I get the lure of the Polaris. But with only a Carrack and looking at BMM, Polaris and Endeavor, you have only large ships. They are gonna cost more to operate and man compared to a smaller ship. For exploration the Carrack will do, but a smaller multi use ship such as a Dur can be a nice profit maker. If you do decide to get something for space pew-pew, a smaller fighter would be a better choice compared to the Polaris. A Cutlass black would be perfect for that role as it can do the fighter role as well as be a small cargo hauler to make some $$ with. Take yer time and know that what ever ship you miss out on or can't get, it'll probably be available to work on or straight up use from some one here at Test.

Now the disclaimer:
I own a Polaris, Carrack and have a CCU from the Redeemer to the BMM along with some medium and smaller ships.
But I'm a whore and have never been known to take my own advice.

Bordin234

Space Marshal
Dec 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Bordin232
It seems to me that you've boxed your self into a corner. I get the lure of the Polaris. But with only a Carrack and looking at BMM, Polaris and Endeavor, you have only large ships. They are gonna cost more to operate and man compared to a smaller ship. For exploration the Carrack will do, but a smaller multi use ship such as a Dur can be a nice profit maker. If you do decide to get something for space pew-pew, a smaller fighter would be a better choice compared to the Polaris. A Cutlass black would be perfect for that role as it can do the fighter role as well as be a small cargo hauler to make some $$ with. Take yer time and know that what ever ship you miss out on or can't get, it'll probably be available to work on or straight up use from some one here at Test.

Now the disclaimer:
I own a Polaris, Carrack and have a CCU from the Redeemer to the BMM along with some medium and smaller ships.
But I'm a whore and have never been known to take my own advice.
Your not a whore lol but ya I don’t want to be in that pickle that being said I’m keeping my carrack for exploring medium cargo roles, the merchantman for heavy trading, and with the remaining $500 going to look at some other explorer ships and getting my avenger titan back.

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
Your not a whore lol but ya I don’t want to be in that pickle that being said I’m keeping my carrack for exploring medium cargo roles, the merchantman for heavy trading, and with the remaining $500 going to look at some other explorer ships and getting my avenger titan back.
Atm I have an Aurora, Buccaneer, Orion, Hull-C, Reclaimer, and a Tonk! I got something for everything. :D

Forgot your password?