Neo's Waffle Recipe

Neoraven

Admiral
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Neoraven3
Due to popular demand, i have decided to post this here.

Neo's Waffles:
- 2-3 Eggs depending on serving size
- 2 Table spoons of vanilla essence (extract)
- 1-3 Cups (small) butter, melted
~Flour (dependent on milk ratio)
~Milk (dependent on flour ratio)
- 2 tablespoon baking powder

1) Add flour and milk to a bowl, depending on serving size and mix until it's a goopy mixture, not too thick, but not too liquid. Some people like it thicker or thinner.
Should just be dripping off a spoon in thick drops.

2) Add eggs and re-mix add vanilla, baking powder and butter and remix.
> Put on Waffle Iron, till you have reached your desired goldeny-browness
> Serve with things like Maple or Golden Syrup, Sugar, cinnamon, ice cream, assorted fruit etc etc

Enjoy

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The problem with recipes is, how you have to adjust it is dependent on a lot of factors. Altitude, humidity, and temperature can affect the ratios, so the amount of flour vs milk can vary a bit.

You want a little less milk than flour, say 2 cups flour, then you'd want 1 3/4 cups of milk. Start with that, and 2 eggs, then adjust as needed. It's going to be different depending on where you live so you might have to play a little with the ratios to get it right. Add 1 egg per cup of flour to start with or you can end up with scrambled eggs in batter, which isn't bad at all, but cook that on a frying pan, not in a waffle iron.

If you add too much milk, also you can consider making a kind of crepes in a frying pan too. They're like pancakes, but thinner and bendier. If you do crepes, then you can fold them around a filling, like sausage, or fruit and whipped cream, etc. Those of you from Southern Texas or from Eastern Europe might recognize this as the old way of making Kolache. Because nowadays they use sweet bread. puck. Sausage is not hot dogs, Houston! ... I've been dying to say that for 10 years.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
The problem with recipes is, how you have to adjust it is dependent on a lot of factors. Altitude, humidity, and temperature can affect the ratios, so the amount of flour vs milk can vary a bit.

You want a little less milk than flour, say 2 cups flour, then you'd want 1 3/4 cups of milk. Start with that, and 2 eggs, then adjust as needed. It's going to be different depending on where you live so you might have to play a little with the ratios to get it right. Add 1 egg per cup of flour to start with or you can end up with scrambled eggs in batter, which isn't bad at all, but cook that on a frying pan, not in a waffle iron.

If you add too much milk, also you can consider making a kind of crepes in a frying pan too. They're like pancakes, but thinner and bendier. If you do crepes, then you can fold them around a filling, like sausage, or fruit and whipped cream, etc. Those of you from Southern Texas or from Eastern Europe might recognize this as the old way of making Kolache. Because nowadays they use sweet bread. puck. Sausage is not hot dogs, Houston! ... I've been dying to say that for 10 years.
Yep, if you add (a lot) more milk then flour and eggs (and optionally some bubbly water instead of baking powder) you end up with blyns. I mean, pancakes. In this case you should use a frying pan or if you don't have a pan but have flat inserts for your waffle iron, you can use those.
Oh, and do add a bit of oil into the mix if you are doing the thin large pancakes.
Great fillers for large European pancakes include jams, Nutella, cottage cheese, and if you wanna go the extra mile, make some gulash meat, grind it down, and fill it with that, served with the gulash sauce in top.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think you meant palacsintena!

Yes, I speak some Hungarian.

I can say palacsintena!
Mighty leader is mighty impressive, as always! Heard you say a few Hungarian words in some videos I think, I remember being impressed by the pronunciation as well!
In this case, almost perfect, just a bit too many letters at the end there. It's just Palacsinta =)

If you happen to be in Budapest one day, I'll buy you as many Sör as you can drink in honor of your dedication to our language!

I watched way too much Life of Boris recently, thus blyns. Btw, I have a theory that secretly it's you under the mask, with all thar black and yellow clothing it's a dead giveaway 😁

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Great fillers for large European pancakes include jams, Nutella, cottage cheese, and if you wanna go the extra mile, make some gulash meat, grind it down, and fill it with that, served with the gulash sauce in top.
I forgot cottage cheese and Nutella! Man that's good. Around here you can buy it at specialty stores, but they're all over the place... and my wife's family is Czech and Polish so I get a fair amount of eastern food, but gulash is best with Hungarian recipes.

I have a story for you, it was funny to me. I was in Russia for a few months in 2005, then again in 2006. In a hotel I stayed at in Moscow there was a pretty upscale restaurant, but with their economy so messed up at the time, it was relatively inexpensive. I was going down the menu, different dish every day. You know they really know how to cook pork, and lamb. Beef was a bit, well probably not aged quite enough, but the presentation was great.
Eventually I got down to something called "Traditional Russian Food" in English, but it had an entire 6 sentence paragraph in Russian. I asked the waiter what it was... he read it, then read the Russian... then looked at me and said, "Tradeetional Russian food"... well that was useful ... I ordered it anyway because everything else had been so good.

I was not disappointed, it was really good. But it was gulash. I didn't tell the waiter .... it probably doesn't translate well.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
My Grandma is from the Pest side, lovely city!

I have not been there in a long time, but if I swing by again, Ill take you up on that offer!
That's very cool!
I bet it will be one expensive night for me lol 😂 :drunk:

I forgot cottage cheese and Nutella! Man that's good. Around here you can buy it at specialty stores, but they're all over the place... and my wife's family is Czech and Polish so I get a fair amount of eastern food, but gulash is best with Hungarian recipes.

I have a story for you, it was funny to me. I was in Russia for a few months in 2005, then again in 2006. In a hotel I stayed at in Moscow there was a pretty upscale restaurant, but with their economy so messed up at the time, it was relatively inexpensive. I was going down the menu, different dish every day. You know they really know how to cook pork, and lamb. Beef was a bit, well probably not aged quite enough, but the presentation was great.
Eventually I got down to something called "Traditional Russian Food" in English, but it had an entire 6 sentence paragraph in Russian. I asked the waiter what it was... he read it, then read the Russian... then looked at me and said, "Tradeetional Russian food"... well that was useful ... I ordered it anyway because everything else had been so good.

I was not disappointed, it was really good. But it was gulash. I didn't tell the waiter .... it probably doesn't translate well.
Hahaha, yeh I bet they wouldn't have liked being told "it's just gulash dude!"

I forgot about one of the most high level fillings for Palacsintas, and that's the Gundel!
The filling is basiclly ground walnuts in condensed (sweetened) milk with a tiny bit of rum and tiny bit of lemon juice all cooked together into a thick walnut paste, and it's covered with melted dark choco. Ofc the official recipe wouldn't be so rude as to call it condensed milk but.... lol

Neoraven

Admiral
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Neoraven3
Typically i just add about 600ml of milk first (you can get measuring jugs) and then add flour from there, depending on what kind of consistency you'd like. Thought 600ml is enough milk to make quite afew waffles so this depends on the quantity you want.

I'm sure there are defined measurements somewhere, but i've always found those to be too specific. Most of the time i'll usually get a bowl, fill the bowl with flour, add that and go from there.

Some people also like to add sugar but don't do this, you just ruin it for yourself and everyone else. You can also sift/sieve the flour but i usually can't be fucked doing this.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Typically i just add about 600ml of milk first (you can get measuring jugs) and then add flour from there, depending on what kind of consistency you'd like. Thought 600ml is enough milk to make quite afew waffles so this depends on the quantity you want.

I'm sure there are defined measurements somewhere, but i've always found those to be too specific. Most of the time i'll usually get a bowl, fill the bowl with flour, add that and go from there.

Some people also like to add sugar but don't do this, you just ruin it for yourself and everyone else. You can also sift/sieve the flour but i usually can't be fucked doing this.
600 ml, for reference is about 2 1/2 cups of milk in the U.S. You can make a good batch with that much. You could even feed a 17 year old teenage boy, if he even eats homemade food. It's a big if.

Reactions: Bambooza and August

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I've always just separated the egg whites (yokes go with the milk and flower) to beat to stiff peaks before folding back into the batter to get fluffier waffles. You can also always go with yeast instead of baking powder if you want even more delicious waffles but it does take time and usually needs to be prepared the night before.

Reactions: hardroc77
Forgot your password?