New Battlefront trailer!

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
There's a good game play overview from Jackfrags, he an other youtubers have been over to Sweden to see the game played live.

He can't share everything but he gives and good brake down of what he's seen.

So far it's looking good!!!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
My only [concern] is that EA is pretty bad about pre-rendering trailers in 8k/4k and then downscaling them to 1080p.

Although Frostbite DOES look very good, so I dunno.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
My only [concern] is that EA is pretty bad about pre-rendering trailers in 8k/4k and then downscaling them to 1080p.

Although Frostbite DOES look very good, so I dunno.
[concern] New Battlefront trailer looks better than super-pre-alpha footage of FPS module. CiG, please explain.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Battlefront will have no space battles. It will have no bullet drop. It will take place on 4 planets with 1-3 maps on each.

It's reskinned BF4 with an even lower skill ceiling.

Reactions: WhooptyWoo

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
YISSSSSSSS

Now we'll have something truly awesome to play while waiting for the Star Citizen PU Beta to go live!

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
[CITATION NEEDED]

It would be ultra-retarded for them to not include space battles when that was one of the primary selling points of the previous games.
Considering that this is Electronic Arts we're talking about, it's really not very far-fetched.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Wow, man...just...wow.

The concept that you'll be able to dogfight while ground battles are happening below you will be kind of cool a la Planetside 2. But you're absolutely right in that this reeks of wallet rape via DLC. Bummer.
dogfight? I doubt there will be much of that. If X-wings, etc are anything like BF4, there will be a maximum of 2 for each side.

Also, it has been confirmed there will be no single player. At all.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I wish I could buy EA to give each game a 5 year dev cycle while closing down large portions of it to reboot Command and Conquer.
This... doesn't sound so bad.

Should we start crowdfunding, now? I mean, TEST has, what, 5k affiliates? So, with a net value of around $4Bn, that's... uh... each of us need to be put in about a million for this to work...

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I like how their trailer included the words "in engine footage" or whatever it was. Not buying that for a second when you look at the graphics.

No space battles? lol? No purchase.

No single player campaign? One of the best parts of the original games was the SP campaign with friends. No purchase.

I imagine the meeting went like this:

"Ok guys Disney has given us license to fucking obliterate the Star Wars game franchise. What should we do first?"

"Well we have Battlefield and thats kinda like that old Battlefront series. Lets do that!"

"Perfect, get some of our top people on it to do nothing. Clone Battlefield 4, put Rebels and Empire in it and ship it next year!"

Forgot your password?