New Fallout 76 trailer - Sept 27

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
I play games for story and as this doesn't have a single npc I'm not expecting much other then wandering and finding audio logs.

I have struggled to get excited so I'll wait until some reviews come out. Otherwise I won't know it's good unless someone tells me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The bit at the end about playing the beta really ruined immersion for me, wasn't very 1976.

It's a bit meta though isn't it, putting an xBox One in the game...

It's a bit like when you could look at a game-cube in the pokemon games... You couldn't play it though... Maybe the first level is turning on an xBox One in the game after you'd turned on your xBox One in reality to play the game, only for the first level in the game in the game to be turning on your xBox One?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
The bit at the end about playing the beta really ruined immersion for me, wasn't very 1976.

It's a bit meta though isn't it, putting an xBox One in the game...

It's a bit like when you could look at a game-cube in the pokemon games... You couldn't play it though... Maybe the first level is turning on an xBox One in the game after you'd turned on your xBox One in reality to play the game, only for the first level in the game in the game to be turning on your xBox One?
You never leave the vault, you're just playing an Xbox game about leaving the vault and exploring and settling the wasteland.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You never leave the vault, you're just playing an Xbox game about leaving the vault and exploring and settling the wasteland.
I knew it! Well, if I wanted to go outside I'd put down this xBox controller and...

Wait...

We are playing an xBox One game right now... aren't we...?

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You're still mind interfaced with your Xbox and playing a retro life sim game, you've just been playing it so long you've lost track of what's real.
If only I'd found the micro-dot in the i of my swimming certificate I wouldn't be playing the looser version of Better Than Life (Red Dwarf reference).

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
LOL, wasn't that the game where Rimmer kept having his fantasy life turn worse and worse?
haha, yes it was! I got the reference wrong!

I was going for the Total Immersion video game "Red Dwarf" as featured in the episode 'Back to reality' where they are effected by the Despair Squid, although Better Than Life would be pretty fitting too 🙂

Forgot your password?