New Lost in Space series on Netflix

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I'll check this out tonight when I get home from work. But I'm gonna real skeptical about this. I have high standards. It was one of my favs during my yoot. Along with Land of the Giants.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Gotta agree with @Striderevil , the Class B-9-M-3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot was the shit back in the day. Not as cool as Robbie but still iconic. He was not some lost-and-found alien tech as appears to be the case here, but standard equipment for a ship like the Jupiter 2.

I also have reservations about Dr. Smith now being female but am willing to reserve judgement until I've seen a little of this.

'Gimp

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I have no problem with Dr. Smith being female. Major West can also be female, male, black, asian, hispanic, white, etc. For that matter, Penny could be adopted, or it could be a mixed race couple. If Major West was female, I would still not mind a romance between her and Judy, provided it made sense in the story.

What I care about is the show is well written, the characters have good motives for what they do, and that the acting is well done. I am not a SJW, what I care about is the quality of the show. In the Dreamworks Voltron, Alura is darker skinned, Hunk looks to be of hispanic decent, and Pidge is a girl. However, the characters are fairly well written for a kids show, and the essence of the character has not changed for the worse. Pidge is still a giant brain, and Alura is more self assured. Hunk is the same old Hunk...comic relief. Both ladies are written as strong characters and are heroes, not weak damsels to be rescued, which is what you would expect of the pilots of the lions. So all in all, the changes to not detract from the story in any way, so to me it does not matter.

What I detest are changes that ruin a character. If Dr. Smith suddenly became a goody two-shoes character and became the hero of the series just because it was a female character, I would have an issue with that. If they used Dr. Smith to hit us over the head with SJW mantras like "resist" I would have an issue with it (sorry, Supergirl, but while your characters are interesting, your RL politicing is a huge turnoff) Dr. Smith is a self serving, incompetent, sniveling, backstabbing, two-faced liar that will betray someone for a crust of bread only to beg forgiveness when caught. Maybe it changes to be a little less obvious of a fiend, but Dr. Smith should still be the villain, no matter if male or female.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Space Kitties...on Ice!

I'd buy that for a dollar, lol!
Kittys traditionally don't fare so well on ice. Haha.
Alina Zagitova, born May 2002 - reigning Juniors and now Olympic Ladies Figure Skating champion. And what a figure indeed.

I haven't been this interested in figure skating since Katarina Witt.

Old Perv - err, I mean 'Gimp
Edit:
15? Jesus murphy. I don't know how I feel about that. Very interesting indeed.
Edit 2: just watched that routine. Wow. That girl can skate!

Last edited:

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
I was almost 30, so, uh, yeah....

I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...I will not be an old perv...

;^)

'Gimp
I have to do the same thing when I see Jodelle Ferland.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Look, I paid a LOT of attention to the girls when I was 15 in the mid-80's and not one of them looked like this...

I mean, she is a tremendous athlete, outskated all the other ladies, and I don't want to take anything away from that achievement, but DAYYAM.

View attachment 9286

View attachment 9287

View attachment 9288

View attachment 9289

View attachment 9290

I am an old perv....

View: https://i.imgur.com/OgRYlDc.gif

'Gimp
She's 15?
Her parents let her leave the house dressed like that?!?!?!
Also in news, Kleenex sales up 15%

Forgot your password?