New Refinery Concept Ship: MISC Expanse

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This they have clearly said no to. While it is possible to hire NPC's/PC's by service beacons the standing understanding is that NPC's will not fly your other ships if your not on them. It does ask the question of what happens if you fly a ship like a carrack and then hop into the runabout to check out a cave. So there are lots of edge cases that have not been addressed but Chris has from the very beginning been adamant that he doesn't want NPC's to take over for multiplayer interaction or turn players into fleet captains of NPCs.
Not really looking for NPCs to take over multiplayer functions more of a call and send away type of deal.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Nice...but still going to get an Orion.
The Orion reminds me of some of the powerful ships from the movie Ender's Game. Ever since I heard about the Orion, which was before that movie came out, I wondered if CIG would make it possible to have a fleet of Orions set up in orbit of a planet or moon & then start their mining beams at peak efficiency while the planet rotates below them to effectively rake the place like a Japanese zen sand garden.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The Orion reminds me of some of the powerful ships from the movie Ender's Game. Ever since I heard about the Orion, which was before that movie came out, I wondered if CIG would make it possible to have a fleet of Orions set up in orbit of a planet or moon & then start their mining beams at peak efficiency while the planet rotates below them to effectively rake the place like a Japanese zen sand garden.
Only if I can name my Orion the USG Ishimura as I have no qualms about illegal mining operations.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
How else are we going to be drunk top-hat and monocle wearing space capitalists who have no idea how to fly a ship, let alone remember our own names...but are so rich we don't care?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It does. I almost clicked warbond buy now then reminded myself I have an Orion.
Haha... yeah you're not the only one, but if you think about it from a fleet perspective if you're doing industrial - this fits really well.
1 Orion, 1 MOLE, 2 Prospectors (I needed a spare, because explodey stuff) and now a more transportable refinery. The only thing I need is more me's to fly all this.

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Haha... yeah you're not the only one, but if you think about it from a fleet perspective if you're doing industrial - this fits really well.
1 Orion, 1 MOLE, 2 Prospectors (I needed a spare, because explodey stuff) and now a more transportable refinery. The only thing I need is more me's to fly all this.
You're making my wallet cry... I mean I did help create 4 co-pilots who may be willing to join me in crashing ships into things.

• Love
Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
You're making my wallet cry... I mean I did help create 4 co-pilots who may be willing to join me in crashing ships into things.
That's fantastic! Kids are expensive but you know, there's always a chance for paybacks later when they're older - and have their own families. Grandparents are always a good choice for kids to conspire with (by the way, remember you're in that venerable and outnumbered parent category now)

Forgot your password?