New show idea: Testing with TEST

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I am going to pick one of these up after xmas

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

I am kind of liking the kb + m combo, with the orbweaver I will have an 8 way toggle for shields/strafing and some more buttons in a more convenient location. Anyone here use one?
I used the inspiration for that one, the Belkin Nostromo n52, for many years in my MMOs. I absolutely loved it, and the only reason I stopped using it was the fact that some of the buttons were so badly worn that they had to be pried up after each keypress, and the whole thing creaked and rattled while gaming. The price is a little high on that Razer, but I like the ergonomics of that setup. I'm using a G13 currently, and while I love it, it's less comfortable.

Reactions: Bothand

Schattenjagger

Captain
Donor
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Schattenjagger
I am with you on the last time I used a stick, until recently i pick up an x55. It makes a huge difference. Don't worry, you will be use to it in no time.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I could never get used to those things. I prefer my good old fashioned mouse with a screen and an ARM processor for accuracy improvement.

Oh. My mouse can run Quake. Because.

Bothand

Captain
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Bothand
Sounds like you have not held a good stick in a long time either.

Im sure my stick handling is terrible. I need a lot of time on the stick.
I used the inspiration for that one, the Belkin Nostromo n52, for many years in my MMOs. I absolutely loved it, and the only reason I stopped using it was the fact that some of the buttons were so badly worn that they had to be pried up after each keypress, and the whole thing creaked and rattled while gaming. The price is a little high on that Razer, but I like the ergonomics of that setup. I'm using a G13 currently, and while I love it, it's less comfortable.
-I have used the nostromo for years, it is very useful for many programs & has made my wacom tablet work much much easier.

I don't like the newest incarnation because it lacks the scroll wheel, which I need.
I'm going to use the older nostromo & flight stick for SC.
I use the hat to adjust power to sys weap & eng,
& the thumb button is aquire next target.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I am going to pick one of these up after xmas

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

I am kind of liking the kb + m combo, with the orbweaver I will have an 8 way toggle for shields/strafing and some more buttons in a more convenient location. Anyone here use one?
I have an orbweaver, and use it for every game I play. It's awesome. I had a Belkin N52 for years, which as someone said, is the Orbweavers granddaddy.

It's pricey, but no other keypad has mechanical keys (mine came with MX blues, I switched them for Reds, which voided the warranty but I like dem Reds). I think the new ones come with Razers own mechnical keys, but I've heard good things about them. Would very much recommend. Combined with my Naga, I have more keys than I know what to do with, and the 4/8 way (you can change it in Synapse, the key binding software) switch is perfect for manuvering thrusters.

It's also comfy as hell, and adjustable to your hand size and how you like to grip it. Only downside is mine doesnt have a braided cable, and the rubber grip on the palm has a loose corner, but you have to try and fuck with it for it to start being a problem.

Overall I'd recommend this product to anyone looking at an expensive, but awesome piece of gaming hardware. It takes a while to get used to the ergonomics, and shuffling around some keybindings to fit on the limited space, but once you get used to it, it's amazing.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
Is this orbweaver thing meant to replace your keyboard while gaming, or is it an additional thing that you use, off to the side?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
You could keep the keyboard plugged in, most people that I've seen use it have the keyboard there for chat.
+1, I use my Orbweaver for gaming with my mouse up on the top of my desk, with my keyboard in a sliding tray below. Works pretty well :D

On a different note: I am in the market for a better flight stick than my Extreme 3D Pro. So far I have it narrowed down to either the CH Fighterstick ( http://www.amazon.com/CH-Products-200-571-Fighterstick-USB/dp/B00006B84X/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1418853601&sr=1-3 ) Or the Thrustmaster T-16000M ( http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-2960706-Thrustmaster-T-16000M-Flight/dp/B001S0RTU0/ref=pd_cp_e_2 ).

Now as I see it, pros of the CH Fighterstick are they're apparently super rugged, and has a lot more buttons than the T-16000M, whereas the T-16000M has Hall effect sensors, and is a lot cheaper. Anyone have one or both and can give me their thoughts on it? Or another stick that I'm missing? (No HOTAS, looking to use my Orbweaver as a throttle. And the Warthog stick is outside my price range :oops: )

Exarkun007

Commander
Dec 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Exarkun007
The buttons on the 16000 are garbage, but the stick works well. I have the combat stick as I didn't see the need for the extra hats. It doesn't look all fancy, but it works flawlessly, and the CH manager can merge stick, pedals, and throttle into 1 device as well as use xml scripts.

One note, for anyone considering the x55, I have a friend who bought one and got random phantom button activations until he hooked it to a powered usb hub.

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
The buttons on the 16000 are garbage, but the stick works well. I have the combat stick as I didn't see the need for the extra hats. It doesn't look all fancy, but it works flawlessly, and the CH manager can merge stick, pedals, and throttle into 1 device as well as use xml scripts.

One note, for anyone considering the x55, I have a friend who bought one and got random phantom button activations until he hooked it to a powered usb hub.
I had issues with my X52 and it was like trying to pull teeth to get madcatz to either fix it or have it returned. Needless to say I'm not too big on Saitek. Finally gave up and bought Thrustmaster - worked perfectly from the start and customer service was outstanding. Sadly I think Saitek has quality issues and it is either a hit or miss. Too many misses out there so I think Thrustmaster is a better way to go. Besides, definitely better quality.

Forgot your password?