New to pc and star citizen.

The Darko 87

Lieutenant
Mar 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheDarko87
Hi guys.
I've been and mostly still am a console gamer. My fiends have finally conviced me to join the pc master race.
Star citizen seems like a great way to start as i keep dying in fps. I'm just not that accurate with the mouse :P
I don't really own any pc games yet but there are a ton of free ones out there :).
I'm thinking of trying dota 2 and tf2.
All praise gaben

The Darko 87

Lieutenant
Mar 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheDarko87
I don't have a game package yet so i can't apply on the rsi site. I can't really afford it at the moment but as soon as I can I will.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
First we will get you properly equipped. If you don't already have a gaming PC, we have many folks who are happy to advise. Welcome to TEST!

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Welcome to TEST! Recommended FPS games: blacklight retribution, CS:GO Warframe, (haven't played the following in a while) Heroes and Generals, Ghost recon phantoms, Planetside 2, and APB reloaded.

RomulusMinimus

Captain
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Romulus-Minimus
Coming to Test because you keep dying? A risky move, lets see if it pays off.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
welcome. try TF2, one of the best multplayer FPS ever made.

don't worry about not having a game package right now, we're in pre-alpha. Rather join us on mumble and play sth else with us.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Welcome to TEST. I've also just got a gaming PC. Been having a great time with it. Forum and Mumble are great even if you don't play SC yet. Chat is very active and we have a few folks that are here just to hang out while they get a PC together that can run it. You're in good company!...mostly.
Watch out for that guy in the corner though.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
don't worry about the mouse, you will get used to it and learn to love it. The only way is practice, though. Took me a few months, but I got it. Welcome to a better place.

TF2 is a great game to that with, but it can be a little intimidating. Simply put, there is nothing like it on consoles. Console FPS has become relatively focused into the battlefield, mass effect, or call of duty camps. TF2 will teach you more about PC gaming than other games, but Blacklight: retribution will be more familiar for you. If you have trouble getting adapted to TF2, I would try blacklight and see if you can't nail down mouse usage from there.

Reactions: Irishnutcase

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Welcome to TEST and to the PC gaming world! We are happy to have you. :) There are so many great games out there, if you ever need suggestions just ask. Arma 3, CS:GO, CS:S, Planetside 2, Mass Effect, Starbound, Banished, Amnesia 1&2, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (older game but amazing), Farcry 3, Deus Ex, Payday 2.. Just a few suggestions. As for MMOs there's kind of a lull right now, but FFXIV: ARR is pretty alright for what's out at the moment. Tera has some cool combat, but I'm not a huge fan of the artistic style, aaand.. SW:TOR is another free game that's not bad for a playthrough just for the story (would suggest the Imperial Agent storyline ;D).

Anyway, some great game suggestions from everyone but I do hope to speak with you in Mumble someday. A lot of us congregate on there, play games together, and just chill. :)

Forgot your password?