New World, Seems right up TEST alley with ark and atlas etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Seems interesting, if I understand it correctly I can focus primarily on crafting or trade skills instead of combat once a settlement reaches a certain size?
And people not in your guild can move into your territory/ city and contribute and help fight wars to defend the land. The guild owns the territory and sets taxes etc.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Seems interesting, if I understand it correctly I can focus primarily on crafting or trade skills instead of combat once a settlement reaches a certain size?
You can, guild size is 50 max.

Edit: After that, everyone in your territory are "citizens" that contribute to the territory. From how it reads.

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I signed up for beta. Hopefully 'New World' avoids the MMO trap of having great looks without fun game play mechanics. So far it looks great. I hope they get more game play videos out soon. The territorial control piece sounds dubious if guilds are capped at 50. That's most likely not enough to field an online population enough to defend territory 24/7 beyond the initial release period.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
It looks interesting, but it looks like it's all based on PvP? No environment to combat, no story or campaign?

Reactions: Blind Owl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?