Next Gen controller for your dog-fighter?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I recommend dual joystick.
Have you flown your Vanguard with the big gun on swivel that way? I have still not heard the stories of what the big BEHR ballistic cannon is like on the nose, but it seems the perfect fit. Fast to target, great range and very powerful. No lasers means it will be stealthy until you fire it. I still have no idea what to do with the other 6 S2 weapons. The turret comes with a pair of Sawbucks which are S2 so it really does have 6 S2s it seems. Could put 6 BERHING laser cannons and it would be set for long duration flight. I think the power generation on board is pretty good, so the shields would bounce back quickly, especially if you practice good trigger control. It is a beast. Pitty the poor fool who gets half dozen Vanguard pissed off.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Have you flown your Vanguard with the big gun on swivel that way? I have still not heard the stories of what the big BEHR ballistic cannon is like on the nose, but it seems the perfect fit. Fast to target, great range and very powerful. No lasers means it will be stealthy until you fire it. I still have no idea what to do with the other 6 S2 weapons. The turret comes with a pair of Sawbucks which are S2 so it really does have 6 S2s it seems. Could put 6 BERHING laser cannons and it would be set for long duration flight. I think the power generation on board is pretty good, so the shields would bounce back quickly, especially if you practice good trigger control. It is a beast. Pitty the poor fool who gets half dozen Vanguard pissed off.
Honestly, I haven't run any gimbals yet. I usually tear off the Gatling and install a m6 with no gimbal. She packs a wallop. I haven't tried the BEHR ballistic cannon. I'm assuming you mean the Combine? But it us food for thought. Leave that dicker on a gimbal. Use it to get a few long range shots in, then use the 4 laser cannons to shred what's left.

I usually don't fly with gimbals at all, electing instead to use the extra weapon size and do a lot of strafing, so this would be outside my comfort zone. Which is, of course, more than fine. I simply need to find the time to get online and try this stuff, haha.

I haven't flown since 2.6, and have no idea of any of the mechanics shave changed. I'd like to know if that turret has been slaved to the pilot yet. It's supposed to be, and will certainly change the usability of the ship once it is.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I haven't tried the BEHR ballistic cannon. I'm assuming you mean the Combine?
I don't know what you mean by "Combine". I still don't have a gaming machine so I don't have an account yet and can only access small portions of the official CIG pages. The weapons calculator does seem to be official CIG, and several have said these are the best numbers, but it seems at times, items in the calculator are not yet available to players. The calculator is here: http://starcitizen.team/

I still think the relative sluggishness of the Vanguard to rotate makes it difficult to keep up with the real dog-fighters, but that since the swivel will point much faster than the nose of the ship, this is an instance to use the swivel. If you know that your Vanguard is not going to face real fighters, it doesn't matter, but most times we do not know this. According to the calculator though, the S4 BEHR ballistic cannon does more damage than the S5 laser you are flying. If you could get a twin mount to fly 2 S4 cannons fixed on the nose, that would do more than 3X the damage of the laser. The drawback is you get far less range, but he S4 cannon does have excellent range.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't know what you mean by "Combine". I still don't have a gaming machine so I don't have an account yet and can only access small portions of the official CIG pages. The weapons calculator does seem to be official CIG, and several have said these are the best numbers, but it seems at times, items in the calculator are not yet available to players. The calculator is here: http://starcitizen.team/

I still think the relative sluggishness of the Vanguard to rotate makes it difficult to keep up with the real dog-fighters, but that since the swivel will point much faster than the nose of the ship, this is an instance to use the swivel. If you know that your Vanguard is not going to face real fighters, it doesn't matter, but most times we do not know this. According to the calculator though, the S4 BEHR ballistic cannon does more damage than the S5 laser you are flying. If you could get a twin mount to fly 2 S4 cannons fixed on the nose, that would do more than 3X the damage of the laser. The drawback is you get far less range, but he S4 cannon does have excellent range.
I'll certainly play with these ideas once I get back into the game. I don't usually use my mouse, so gimbals are a waste. I have a couple ideas to try though.

Forgot your password?