Next Module Release Date?

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
I have not been following Star Citizen too closely but I know the next module is scheduled to come out late this month/next month. They did that big livestream recently and I was wondering if they had any updates regarding the module release dates?

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
They said that the release might be a little later than anticipated-- I don't remember the reason-- making the dogfighting release more likely for early January. They did, however, say that there will be one or two hangar updates before Christmas.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
The short version of the reason: They said there is a half assed way of doing it and then there is the correct way of doing it which will allow stress testing of the actual game architecture. If they half ass it then it'll be out in December. If not, it'll be delayed. CR decided to delay it.

Long version: They could emulate their physics in Cry engine and put out a dog fighting module for the community to enjoy. This will allow for balance testing, ship design testing, control testing, user end load testing, etc. Or they can finish their actual persistent world node structure and test on that which would allow for all the above but would also allow for server side optimization testing, server load testing, and basically all the important bits. First they had decided to go with the emulation option but then CR decided to finish the server structure and test on that.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Initially they said its gonna be December. But as with most projects delays are gonna happen (especially in holiday season as their manpower starts to drop due to vacations etc.). So I advise you believe in late January and perhaps early February release.

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
Honestly I'm surprised they are still this close to being on schedule. Every aspect of the game seems like such a huge undertaking so when I pledged I was expecting multiple month delays on all their original release dates

Forgot your password?