NMS for PC

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Soo, this whole wait till friday AND until 1pm eastern time zone thing is pretty dumb, anyone else counting the minutes till we can begin the download?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Strykker666

Commander
Jul 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Strykker666
I'm at work, and then playing with my boy until he goes to bed. THEN I will get to play. Excited, but I have no problem not including myself in the initial flood of lemmings falling off the cliff when the gate opens.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Started off on acid rain planet, can be outside for very small amounts of time before suit melts...good times!
Find a cave system! They protect you from surface radiation too (Unless its a radioactive cave that is)

ROBINSON

Grand Admiral
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
R0BINS0N
I put a good 25 hours into NMS and well its a bit lackluster as a lot of people are saying.

It is clear though with further additionals the to the game it could become interesting. I would like to see base building (apparently will happen), a way for you to set up 'shops' and also a way make it clearly to people you are based in a system/planet.

Hopefully,this will create a scenario where people will get together and build homes/shops next to each other, which could lead on to the creation of ad-hoc towns and cities in the future.

Even then that could get boring after a while....basically...hurry up Star Citizen, haha.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'm enjoying it much thus far. I am having a bit of trouble understanding just what the hell is going on in my galactic map though, Wish it was easier to navigate, wish I could understand just what the hell each waypoint is/where it leads, etc. Wish it would allow you to search for specific systems and allow to set a waypoint there (better way for friends to find each other).

I agree that it can get a little redundant after many hours, but patches will make this something great.

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
Its so great ... I frigging love this game.
+
Found a Tier 1 Vortex Cube planet :cool: I AM RICH ... MUHA HA HA HA !!!

... Going to be at least at 24.000.000 before I leave this planet.
More details at my logbook - http://macros-journey.blogspot.co.uk/

Instantly built a monument out of Gold in form of a beer bottle in order to sooth the beer god's that guided me on my way to the core.

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
BUG WARNING to NMS Players.

SAVE GAME CORRUPTION BUG
(pardon, for shouting ... just thought it to be important ... to not loos your game progress)

There is a save game corruption bug. Sometimes when you alt tab out of the game or for not particular reason at all, the game could yet crash on you. Afterwards when you want to reload the game, you are suddenly back on the re-initialise screen.

If that happens:

DO NOT INITIALISE.

Potential sollutions here under this threat.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/1/360672304897008888/

Following worked for me, but is not an official fix.
1.) Make a Backup of the save files.
C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS\st_76561197985574951
2.) Redownload the game.
3.) Place the oldest of the three save game files "storrage" and "mf_storage" back into the save game location. (for me it was 2, for others it was 1 or 3)
4.) Open the game with Steam in offline mode.
{this is key, as there is a potential interference with the steam cloud backup}
5.) When it starts back into the game without re intialisation, save the game, exit and make another backup of your now recovered save game.

Even if it did not happen to you (yet and hopefully wont at all), ...
I recommend you to make backups of your save game every time you log off, until a fix has been announced.

Forgot your password?