No info/alerts in case of updated threads with status "watched"..?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm unsure and may be wrong, but can it be, that threads with "watched"-status are not listed in my alert list? Is this a bug - or what should this "watch"-function do otherwise if not list update infos within the alert list in case of new posts?

Cheers!
Sam

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I'm unsure and may be wrong, but can it be, that threads with "watched"-status are not listed in my alert list? Is this a bug - or what should this "watch"-function do otherwise if not list update infos within the alert list in case of new posts?

Cheers!
Sam
they drop off after a while if you do not read to the end of the thread :) I have noticed this myself. though I could be wrong about the cause.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its a pitty because of that I missed to follow/read lots and lots of posts =/

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
yeah in threads that i kind of lost interest in i just open them and scroll to the end just to keep up to date on them

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Thats o.k - but having a family and real life there are days (I mean a couple, like two, three or more days) where I am offline. And after that time range it seems that I've lost all watched threads :(

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
they drop off after a while if you do not read to the end of the thread :) I have noticed this myself. though I could be wrong about the cause.
This is correct. You'll always get notifications about likes, I'm pretty sure you'll get notified every time you're quoted (I'm not 100% on that though), but when it comes to thread replies, you'll only get one notification. If you don't look at the thread when you're notified (thereby marking the most recent post as "read" in the system), then it assumes you're not interested in the thread any longer and won't give you a flag.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
This is correct. You'll always get notifications about likes, I'm pretty sure you'll get notified every time you're quoted (I'm not 100% on that though), but when it comes to thread replies, you'll only get one notification. If you don't look at the thread when you're notified (thereby marking the most recent post as "read" in the system), then it assumes you're not interested in the thread any longer and won't give you a flag.
that matches what I have observed

Forgot your password?