No Man's Sky crashing on PC startup

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
If you just downloaded No Man's Sky and its crashing on start up to desktop, stay tuned!

You are not alone, this seems to be a problem across GPUs and CPUs, not steam related either.

Inform880 from Reddit is trying a few things to try resolve it

=========REDDIT POST============

If you're crashing, come here and post your specs. Maybe we can figure something out.

Edit: We have 3 6 people with a 6900 series GPU crashing at hello games screen or white screen

EDIT 2: Hold E at the initialize screen!

EDIT 3: majority of people crashing have AMD GPUs, can anybody confirm it working with any AMD 5000 or 6000 series GPUs?

EDIT 5: Confirmed crash with GOG thanks to /u/iBeenie. This is not a steam issue, this is purely a game issue.

EDIT 6: I was planning on compiling all this info... but there literally is way too much. The setups are as widely varied as the planets in NMS and have no single thing in common. I guess we're waiting on the devs now

EDIT 7: Poll time! https://www.strawpoll.me/10976824 thanks to u/FishFruit14

EDIT 8: Changing graphics before starting the game:https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xes1a/game_crashes_in_launch_how_do_i_change_settings/ Didn't work for me, but if you have a crappy computer, could help

EDIT 9: Potential FIX! But it didn't work for me. FML. Grab this and install it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Reinstalling the game and updating drivers does not seem to fix the problem.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
Get a refund. Wait until the game is under $20 on Steam. Maybe by then it'll work on PC and have enough content to entertain more than 4 hours.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Have you tried not playing No Man's Sky and instead play Outside? The graphics and AI are amazing. You really feel like you're in the real world.
Most pay to win game ever. I grind for 20 hours to get a basic set of armor and weapons, and some jackass with the "Rich Parents" DLC just spawns with more money than I can feasibly ever make.

I'm joining the Communist faction for PVP and trying to get rid of all these P2W losers hogging all the good industrial locations.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
I didn't have any trouble getting into the game beside alt tabbing in and out. Played for a couple hours and I all I can say is Meh, Dont really think it was worth the $60 and all the hype.

Reactions: lex

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Yea. I've abandoned the idea of buying this game. It's impossible to crash your ship into things. 0/10.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yea. I've abandoned the idea of buying this game. It's impossible to crash your ship into things. 0/10.
Liar!

More like you dont have the hours in the day to explore an almost endless universe!

Forgot your password?