No more boxruns for starter ships in 3.8?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Especially now that they are implementing that new prison system into the PU soon if not already. Unless of course you want to get tossed into the cooler on a minor charge in order to check it out & give us information on what you discover.
So I got stopped for a minor traffic violation, next thing I know I have a new cellmate named Bubba who is a little too friendly

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Coming in for a landing at Area 18. Crossed into the no longer marked no fly zone. Boom.

Wake up in Area 18, oh that's different.

Get notified that I my ship is taking too long to land.

Get told I am blocking an active flight bay.

(What the wreckage?)

Catch a 650 fine, and a 550 Impound fee before I can file an insurance claim on my destroyed Avenger.

Huh?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Coming in for a landing at Area 18. Crossed into the no longer marked no fly zone. Boom.

(What the wreckage?)

Catch a 650 fine, and a 550 Impound fee before I can file an insurance claim on my destroyed Avenger.

Huh?
Well that doesn't sound like working as intended, did you report it?

Reactions: Vavrik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

(What the wreckage?)

Huh?
This the way the game reminds you that it's time to grab another beer, and probably a whiskey too, and that it's all fine, cos it's an alpha lol

On a more serious note: as @SoloFlyer said, report it, maybe they'll fix it for new years!

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
How do you guys have zero UEC? As far as I am aware every starter pack came with 5000 UEC...?

*Looks in account in PU*
*106,000 aUEC*
Gawd I spent too much in the Voyager Direct parts store.

For some stupid reason all the UEC in game packages is not attributed or included in your aUEC initial count, only UEC from backer rewards or stuff you spent $$$ on

Back on topic I think it's really a bad call to not let you carry mission boxes up ladders. I enjoyed being able to run boxes in my Herald, because there's nothing else to use it for at the moment 😢

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
For some stupid reason all the UEC in game packages is not attributed or included in your aUEC initial count, only UEC from backer rewards or stuff you spent $$$ on

Back on topic I think it's really a bad call to not let you carry mission boxes up ladders. I enjoyed being able to run boxes in my Herald, because there's nothing else to use it for at the moment 😢
On the other hand I know I can imagine someone a little too serious about the game agreeing with it because carrying a box up a ladder is "immersion breaking".

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thats weird, considering they have gone on record saying that this is as intended. Whats the $5k UEC in my starter pack for then?

Is it effecting players with multiple game packages? Do you think they might be thinking about letting you have multiple Avatars spread through the 'Verse like the 3 characters you can swap between in GTA 5 and the starter UEC is staying with those 'Toons?

Reactions: Vavrik

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
So bad news/good news for me. Bad news is I went into arena commander to try to get a feel for things again. Was just using the default keybinds but I barely made it past wave 1 of pirate swarm. Guess I'm going to have to try to at least carve out a half hour here and there to get a feel for the new flight system. Good news is when I briefly logged into the PU to check all my aUEC was there so once I do get a feel for things again I have options.

Forgot your password?