[No Spoilers Please] Mr Robot

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Mr Robot

If you get a chance to watch this, well, do.

I believe it's due to air on 'USA Today', this evening at 10pm EST (3am GMT tomorrow morning. Also daylight saving ends so, er, GMT goes back an hour at 2am). Correct me if I'm wrong, time travel is confusing.

It's not about a robot, unless you mean /r9k/

Last edited:
Reactions: mindfart

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I watched the early release and really liked it. I've been waiting patiently for the full run. This show and Halt and Catch Fire satisfy my tech show quota. Much better than other fake tech shows CBS and the other networks try to pass onto us. Silicon Valley is another great show too if you have HBO and the guys in that really remind me of the people I went to college with.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I watched the early release and really liked it. I've been waiting patiently for the full run. This show and Halt and Catch Fire satisfy my tech show quota. Much better than other fake tech shows CBS and the other networks try to pass onto us. Silicon Valley is another great show too if you have HBO and the guys in that really remind me of the people I went to college with.
Gotta agree. This is one of the best representations of both actual hacking and sysops I've seen on TV. They're using actual terms (for the most part), not throwing out random tech jargon to look like they know what they're doing.

Additionally, my wife likes it, which is a plus for someone who normally only watches food network and reality TV (and Blue Bloods).

Reactions: o-BHG-o

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Gotta agree. This is one of the best representations of both actual hacking and sysops I've seen on TV. They're using actual terms (for the most part), not throwing out random tech jargon to look like they know what they're doing.

Additionally, my wife likes it, which is a plus for someone who normally only watches food network and reality TV (and Blue Bloods).
Don't knock Food Network! When I had cable I frequently found myself parking on that or DIY instead of watching the same sitcom reruns over and over again on non-peak hours. The problem is FN and DIY also replay the same stuff over and over again.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Don't knock Food Network! When I had cable I frequently found myself parking on that or DIY instead of watching the same sitcom reruns over and over again on non-peak hours. The problem is FN and DIY also replay the same stuff over and over again.
I'm not knocking it, but when it's one of the sole sources of entertainment for someone... well, my wife and I are both on a diet, so :p

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I'm not knocking it, but when it's one of the sole sources of entertainment for someone... well, my wife and I are both on a diet, so :p
As you're eating your boiled chicken and protein bars pretend you're eating what they are making instead.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
As you're eating your boiled chicken and protein bars pretend you're eating what they are making instead.
I have no problem eating low carb, low fat and having my cheat days few and far between. Food self-control is easy for me, but yes, I think that's what my wife is doing.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
One of the best series pilots I've watched in the past 5 years. Hope it continues in the same way.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I'm tired today thanks to 'Halt and Catch Fire'. You can't just watch one episode. Loving it.

Looking forward to more Mr Robot, though I was upset when he said "..in IRL.."

"in, in real life", watlol!

Like that everyone says Evil Corp coz that's what he filters it as. So funny.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Already renewed for a second season before the official release.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I have to admit this seems interesting. I look forward to seeing more about this.

Forgot your password?