Normal to LTI conversions

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Does anyone have one of those packs that can convert normal ships to LTI or when they buy ships it comes with LTI like one of those admiral packs or something. And can they be gifted or transferred with the LTI?

Im interested in buying the Super hornet and was wondering if someone could convert it to LTI?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You are talking about LTI tokens, check this out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3uzr2v/what_is_an_lti_melt_token/
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3th0m7/cheapest_lti_token_is_archimedes_for_30_then_ccu/
LTI tokens are low cost LTI ships like the P-72 LTI. You can CCU them to the ship you desire with LTI.

But on the other hand, I also found this:
If i'm not wrong, this is a CCU from any Hornet to a Super Hornet with LTI.

The Super Hornet is now limited available, but also the CCU to Super Hornet. If you have a LTI ship, you can CCU it now to Super Hornet LTI.

Last edited:

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Thats right but at the moment I don't have an LTI ship and not sure whether this will be still available once the prospector releases. I believe in the beginning there used to be packages sold with LTI like the rear admiral LTI etc. One of these packages was able to put LTI on any ship that you bought. If someone has something like that I could simply buy a Super hornet and gift it to the person who could melt it and rebuy a Super Hornet gaining that LTI which they could then gift back to me.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Unfortunately that is not possible, You can gift an item only once. You gift it to another person, he can't gift it back to you anymore.
However, if that player already has a Super Hornet, then you can gift your 6M Super Hornet to that player and he can gift his LTI Super Hornet to you. ;)
The player can change the 6M to LTI.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@Montoya But the problem right now is: will the Super Hornet be available when the Prospector is released?

Another option would be:
1. Look for a ship that costs more then the Prospector but less then the Super Hornet. Constelation Taurus
2. Buy now while it is still available a CCU from the Taurus to Super Hornet
3. Buy the Prospector LTI
4. Buy a CCU from Prospector to the Taurus
5. CCU the Prospector to the Taurus
6. CCU the Taurus to Super Hornet
Tada, a Super Hornet LTI!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Esq and supitza

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
@Montoya But the problem right now is: will the Super Hornet be available when the Prospector is released?

Another option would be:
1. Look for a ship that costs more then the Prospector but less then the Super Hornet. Constelation Taurus
2. Buy now while it is still available a CCU from the Taurus to Super Hornet
3. Buy the Prospector LTI
4. Buy a CCU from Prospector to the Taurus
5. CCU the Prospector to the Taurus
5. CCU the Taurus to Super Hornet
Tada, a Super Hornet LTI!!!
This is how I will do it. Exact process.

Reactions: supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
They should just make every ship sold before the game launch LTI and be done with it.
I think they want us to buy tons of P-72s and sit on them while we do the math for upgrades.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
P72 are out probably
This is how I will do it. Exact process.
yep thats waht my second option was.
Unfortunately that is not possible, You can gift an item only once. You gift it to another person, he can't gift it back to you anymore.
However, if that player already has a Super Hornet, then you can gift your 6M Super Hornet to that player and he can gift his LTI Super Hornet to you. ;)
The player can change the 6M to LTI.
If i gift to them they will melt it and rebuy and the rebuy can be gifted. But Ill just get a ccu

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Anything bought with melt money is account locked.
Yup, but you melt the gift and rebuy with cash. Then you CCU with store credit and it's still giftable.

Forgot your password?