Not a great day for the area I live in...

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
https://twitter.com/hashtag/SleepyHollowFire?src=hash

Fires started, and the wind picked up blowing it into town. A recycling plant went up quickly, I've heard several domestic propane tanks rupturing. There has been talk of a fruit packing plant's oil tank and ammonia tanks catching too. I live on the other side of the Columbia River, but there have been pictures posted of charred 2x4 chunks landing on this side after the explosions. We've had some 100+ (F) degree days lately and everything is dry as shit. While the scale is still nowhere near the 2012 fires we had (150,000+ acres burned), but could potentially be a lot more costly due to being in the city.

I'm probably not getting much sleep tonight.

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
My thoughts are with you Fen. Wish you all the best.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I feel you man, I live in southern California and deal with this almost every year now. It really sucks and can be nerve racking.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Grab the booze and retreat to the cellar. Lacking a cellar, grab the booze. I hope you stay safe.

Reactions: Farasalt

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
You live near Wenatchee? My coworker went there last weekend, right before the fires started. Scary stuff. Best of luck to you!

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
East Wentachee across the river, but yeah that's where I live.

Things are looking much better now. Thus far 28 homes were burned, and a few businesses. All in all, the speed that the fire moved with was damned scary, but no lives were lost it seems so at least there is that. There is some drama around the local Sonic Drive-In threatening to fire people for closing up and leaving early at level 2 evacuation (significant risk -- they are saying you should leave). I had some ash on my car today, and I haven't heard about any hot spots cropping up near me so with how much they have contained the fire it looks like the worst is over.

I hate fire season.

Forgot your password?