• Cutlass Blue...Massively Upgraded Mustang Omega Package...$100

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I'm kinda stuck, do I melt the Blue or the Red? I don't need two Cutlass's so one of them is going. I have an Aurora package, so thats not a factor either...and I will be deciding the replacement after this week with the free fly event and all.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I'd keep the Red since it is more unique in functionality. With the blue, you'd have other ships available that essentially do the same thing but better.
BTW, I've heard several people mentioning the free flight event. Where was it referenced?

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Well firstly, what do you intend to do in the verse?
Medic, then keep red.
Patrols and combat, then keep the blue.
If none of them have LTI, melt the red since you can always re-buy that one.
Probably keep the Aurora if that's your only package, or you will have to buy another one.

Personally though, I'd melt the Cutlass blue and buy a Constellation Taurus with the same price tag.
If its not LTI that is.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Reactions: Space Monkey

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Medic, then keep red.
Probably keep the Aurora if that's your only package, or you will have to buy another one.

Personally though, I'd melt the Cutlass blue and buy a Constellation Taurus with the same price tag.
If its not LTI that is.
The problem is the Blue is only worth $100, cause its just the value of the upgrades applied to the original Mustang Omega.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Much appreciated!

The problem is the Blue is only worth $100, cause its just the value of the upgrades applied to the original Mustang Omega.
Well, maybe the better question is why keep either cutlass at all? If you are not into the Medic aspect and you are trying to save up for something else, like a retaliator for instance, is there a reason you wouldn't want to get rid of both?

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Well the Blue at the moment is $150 standalone non LTI, and only on special sales.
If you upgraded the Omega with LTI into blue for only $100 that's quite a deal.

However no reason to keep both Cutlass designs really unless you want to go full medic.
And if your aiming for medic role, remember they are releasing the "Endeavor" class Science/Hospital/Druglab ship, and will probably be abit expensive.
This ship when modified as a hospital can fit 1 Cutlass inside, I'm quite interested in this ship myself as a science vessel.

If you know what role your mainly going to play then it makes things easy.
If your not sure, then stick with the multi-function ships, such as the Taurus, Cutlass black or Freelancer for the same price as your current ships.
This gives you room to explore SC gameplay either way you like.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Don't listen to our space monkey, he is only giving you advice while he is searching for bananas in your personal possessions.
Blue looks awesome, its the best multicrew multifunctioning small ship in SC. Plus its gorgeous. Who cares how much its melt value is. If you want to spend more, spend more by adding something else. Omega is a nice ship though.

Reactions: Space Monkey

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Phht, too small. Melt everything, then pitch in a bit more and get yourself a Tali. It's the logical choice.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Medic, then keep red.

If its not LTI that is.
Wait it's on sale with LTI now?

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Well the Blue at the moment is $150 standalone non LTI, and only on special sales.
If you upgraded the Omega with LTI into blue for only $100 that's quite a deal.
Omega is not LTI, just the opposite. It has the shortest insurance known to RSI, 2 months.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
It'd be good through the corners I think, but without serious upgrades would be easily overtaken on the straights.

Forgot your password?