Obutto revolution gaming cockpit

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I do not have one. It looks handy. I can't find specs on it at their website. The accessories will add substantially to the cost too and I'd want quite a few of those..
I think I could build a whole replica Super Hornet around an auto wrecking yard car seat of my choosing for the price although it is probably a fair price.
My aching back is far too particular to take a chance on paying that much for something I can't sit on and test first.
I think it would be fine for most people and will be quite popular.
Out of stock till oct 31.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
The only problem I have with it is the seat. Sport seats with wings on them are designed to keep racers in the seat.
Being a sim and all, it makes no sense to suffer the discomfort when therer are no real g forces at work.
Big folks (which is not me) really have a hard time sitting in winged seats.
I wonder if it is avaliable without the seat at a greatly reduced price.
psssst volvo seats are incredibally comfy. I put a set in a car once. Nice..

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin

You can DIY a more comfortable, if ugly, thing yourself for very cheap.
The wheels on mine were around $80, but only because I wanted to be able to roll over cords with no worries. Otherwise, the chair was a Goodwill $8 job. Maybe another $15 for a couple of shelf brackets, 2x4s, 2x2s, and strong adhesive-backed velcro.
This thing is awesome.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
I have one, it rocks. On my way to the airport, can answer questions later when i land. AMA!

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
I have one too, I like it a lot. Very sturdy and as the monitor stand is separate from the frame there's no wobble.

Reactions: BluePilote

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
The only negative is that its hard to fit a HOTAS and a full size keyboard / mouse ... but it is doable

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
One thing I should have gotten was the Logitech G810 keyboard instead of the much larger G910.
I'll have to remember that for the final build. *use small keyboard in sim pit.*

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
One thing I should have gotten was the Logitech G810 keyboard instead of the much larger G910.
I'll have to remember that for the final build. *use small keyboard in sim pit.*
The G410 is the smallest gaming keyboard from Logitech, it fits together with my G13 between the throttle and flightstick.

Reactions: DeepDrum

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Thanks for all the replies, im easing my girlfriend into me buying this ;)
Did you end up buying the Obutto? I looked around at a few different companies, and ended up going with the Playseat Airforce. I chewed on building my own, but classes are about to start back up and I've got a full load this semester. Last of the GI Bill, gotta make it count. I may still build something next year.

So, I wanted something that I could use with my current desk, because I live in an apartment and I couldn't justify the space needed for the Obutto on top of needing an actual desk to do actual work with. I thought about getting the desk clamps that are posted somewhere in the forums (the ones Montoya just got), but eventually decided on the Playseat. I've thrown some caster wheels (home depot $4 a piece) on the bottom and they worked out really great. The seat is something like 60 lbs, so sliding it in and out from under the desk got a bit old.

It is the perfect height for my desk with the caster wheels on it. My joys slide under with just over a thumb width of clearance (this allows me to sit as close as I like). The chair back could do with reclining a tad farther for just relaxing/watching movies and whatnot. I think its something like 5-15 degrees (maybe 20). The only other complaint I have with this seat is that the screws for the joystick mounts (to adjust position) could be a tad longer, but you can just use a thinner washer.

I really enjoy the comfort of the seat itself. It is much more comfortable than the office chair that I have been using (which I thought was pretty comfortable). The construction is very solid, it is a well-made product. Shipping only took 3 days (from day of purchase/Sunday) from NL to the midwest, which is pretty incredible.

Overall, after about 30 hours in seat, I would highly recommend this chair to anyone looking for a "cockpit" set up and either has limited room or wants to use their current computer desk.
Flightseat.jpg Flightseat1.jpg

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
No decided against it because the switch between joystick and keyboard and mouse seemed to much of a hassle.
Ive done the ikea svartasen thing which worked fine for the T16000m and X65F but the warthog is a bit too heavy for it.

Ill look into the playseat thanks! Also looking at Wheelmaster pro

Im starting to spent a little too much on this stuff though, and star citizen is the only 'sim' I play haha

Forgot your password?