Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
well at least they arnt planning on delaying the entire thing

I really like the google maps thing they are doing with the star map!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It is interesting that this critical feature continues to get pushed.
It's not an easy thing to solve, and especially to do it well such that it doesn't create lag spikes. My guess is they're close, but it's still too buggy to display at CitCon. With CitCon being only a few weeks away if OCS isn't already polished I'd move it out also. The last thing they need is a buggy laggy mess showing for CitCon.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Like the previous years. :slight_smile:

But in truth it is not easy to implement, and yet its nothing new. It just makes me wonder how poor the crytek engine was a fit for the huge scope change of the game from its kickstarter ambitions. While I have worked a little in the Unreal and Unity engines most of my development time is with Java doing server layer communications and so while understanding what they are attempting to accomplish I do not know how much work and rewriting it requires for them. Thus my interest in what the hold up is and why it continues to get pushed.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
do what i do lol don't log in until things are really far along. I usually log in for the content that affects me for like a couple days then dont log on until the next big thing comes out. This way you avoid ruining the game for yourself.
Yeah I do the same! Stop playing for 3-6 months, then log in again, fanboy like a motherfucker and post screenshots and vids and then stop playing after a week again :D

Forgot your password?