Odd one Steam acocunt

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Well,

This is a odd one but since I have now made up my to go blue water crusing before end of next year. I was wonderingi f it is normal to sell a steam account?

I have 145 games most of which I have never even luanched let alone play, have maybe another 100 games in humble bundle that I never even looked at.

If it is possible to sell, what could I get for it?

Yes, next I going to sell my SC account too. Cutlass black package, Marchantman, Aurora XL upgraded to Titan avenger and a mustang buyback.

Yea, I pretty much getting rid of every single thing I have. Computers, car, etc only thing I am keeping are my tools.

All the money is going to buy my dreamboat a 30year okd HR352 Hallberg Rassy.

Cheers, please comment if you have any ideas.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well,

This is a odd one but since I have now made up my to go blue water crusing before end of next year. I was wonderingi f it is normal to sell a steam account?

I have 145 games most of which I have never even luanched let alone play, have maybe another 100 games in humble bundle that I never even looked at.

If it is possible to sell, what could I get for it?

Yes, next I going to sell my SC account too. Cutlass black package, Marchantman, Aurora XL upgraded to Titan avenger and a mustang buyback.

Yea, I pretty much getting rid of every single thing I have. Computers, car, etc only thing I am keeping are my tools.

All the money is going to buy my dreamboat a 30year okd HR352 Hallberg Rassy.

Cheers, please comment if you have any ideas.
LOL, the two happiest days of a boat owners life...the day they buy the boat, and the day they sell the boat!

Good luck! Fair winds and following seas!

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
LOL, the two happiest days of a boat owners life...the day they buy the boat, and the day they sell the boat!

Good luck! Fair winds and following seas!
Old... :P I have old cars as hobby, they never brek down. DYI :D

Reactions: Scape and Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sounds like quite the adventure! Good luck. Are you selling the SC account as a whole, or can you sell individual ships?

Reactions: Scape

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Since isolation I've been watching a lot of YBS youngblood videos - it seems the key to total happiness is a boat. Preferably a boat and a jetski.

This covid escapade has made me realise it's not what you own that matters - its how you live.

So sell all that useless shit and buy your dream boat. Sailing isn't for me but I would be happy if I can get a boat and shove some old Mercedes diesels or V8's in the back of a boat and have fun! That way I could combine my passion for cars, on the water too!

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Since isolation I've been watching a lot of YBS youngblood videos - it seems the key to total happiness is a boat. Preferably a boat and a jetski.

This covid escapade has made me realise it's not what you own that matters - its how you live.

So sell all that useless shit and buy your dream boat. Sailing isn't for me but I would be happy if I can get a boat and shove some old Mercedes diesels or V8's in the back of a boat and have fun! That way I could combine my passion for cars, on the water too!
Actually I am looking at saildrives and 100% solar power. All about the offgrid on a sailing yacht. Water maker is going to cost a bomb though, looking at vapourization alternatives but nothing filters sea water like a water maker.

Last edited:

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
As a whole account, dear chap, got so much stuff I need to get put onto ebay and etc, less hassle.

Sounds like quite the adventure! Good luck. Are you selling the SC account as a whole, or can you sell individual ships?

• o7
Reactions: Blind Owl and Scape

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Updated the SC account list here, sold as a whole account, I got too much to do lising all my stuff on eghey and shitty websites.

BANU MERCHANTMAN - 24months insurance
PACKAGE - DRAKE LOOT AND SCOOT PACKAGE - 6 months insurance only apparently.
PACKAGE - AURORA MR STAR CITIZEN + SQUADRON 42 COMBO
(Aurora upgraded to Titan Avenger)
And all I have in buyback is a Mustang cause thats how I started playing the game, races day in and day out.

Make me an offer.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Cool man. DO IT!!!

I love V12 V8 straight 6 and inline 5s.

But I also like solar and wind power!

If you are not using the solar to actually propel the boat, then it is very feasible.

The problem comes if you try and use a battery bank and an electric motor to propel the boat and you end up using a days worth of sun in an hour or two.

Actually I am looking at saildrives and 100% solar power. All about the offgrid on a sailing yacht. Water maker is going to cost a bomb though, looking at vapourization alternatives but nothing filters sea water like a water maker.

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
I seen some nice solutions, bigger battery banks but most going with a wind mill/turbine solution, there are also water generators now that produce more KW than a few solar panels and wind turbine, it all comes down to cost. I going the dirt cheap route so solar panels and bigger battery banks is probs the solutionn to start with. Than again, you often find boats where the equipment is better than the boat itself, if you don't mind chopping up a 21ft sail boat for the equipment and getting rid of the waste, it often is cheaper to do it that way.

I found insanely kitted out 19 to 21ft sail boats with all the equipment needed for 40ft boats at avg of one thousands euros so anything is possible. First need a decent hull and a cheap drydock. US seem to be the logical choice for that as boat are cheaper and drydocks cost nothing compared to Europe. Getting 50 to 100Kg of tools into the states and not paying stupid taxes on them is a whole other problem.

https://oceanvolt.com/solutions/systems/sail-drive/ make some crazy expensive stuff .

And you have these guys too that make very decent but still expensive stuff. https://electricyacht.com/product/quiettorque-10-0-sport-electric-motor/

You could go for electric motors off any home equipment like a lawn er cutter? but those will overheat and all the power will go to waste.

Options are there :P just harder when going cheap.

Cool man. DO IT!!!

If you are not using the solar to actually propel the boat, then it is very feasible.

The problem comes if you try and use a battery bank and an electric motor to propel the boat and you end up using a days worth of sun in an hour or two.

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Cool man. DO IT!!!

Edit and addeed here instead.
FYI :) look at Torqeedo I think, a german company and there are tons of silly conversions in Latin American, I mean look at those Cadillacs in Cuba with Penta diesel engines in them :D
Works both ways around. Boat engine in car, car engine in boat with epoxy and gflass anything is possible!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh. I really do fancy that boat lifestyle but over in the UK the weather is mostly crap, the seas are mostly nasty, and boats are fragging expensive. So it may not happen.

That said, if I was going to make myself an electric boat, I would as you say fit solar, wind and possibly water generator, and then use the battery and motor from something like a Nissan leaf, you can pick a crashed one up much cheaper than buying any other sort of high quality motor/batts.

All the larger solar boat's I've seen videos of have always rushed past the deasil generator room when showing off the eco mentalist features of their boat. One guy made them talk about it and was like yeh if you go over 5 knots gotta use the deesil generator......

Not so eco after all, yo'

Very good text

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Yeh. I really do fancy that boat lifestyle but over in the UK the weather is mostly crap, the seas are mostly nasty, and boats are fragging expensive. So it may not happen.

That said, if I was going to make myself an electric boat, I would as you say fit solar, wind and possibly water generator, and then use the battery and motor from something like a Nissan leaf, you can pick a crashed one up much cheaper than buying any other sort of high quality motor/batts.

All the larger solar boat's I've seen videos of have always rushed past the deasil generator room when showing off the eco mentalist features of their boat. One guy made them talk about it and was like yeh if you go over 5 knots gotta use the deesil generator......

Not so eco after all, yo'
Actually UK is prefect for it, use the Autumn/Winter months to do fixes and custom work at boatyeards, only down side is you would have to go to Cornwall or North west England. And as for finding boats in UK, it is true that they tend to be more expensive than other countries but you can easily offer half of the asking prices on yachtworld. Also facebook has a number of UK groups for second hand boats. You can find a decent hull for 1/3 the asking price in UK, just takes a lot of work.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Thanks for the advice. you do realise Autumn/winter months here are approx. October to October, right? :D

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs
Thanks for the advice. you do realise Autumn/winter months here are approx. October to October, right? :D
LOL :D Tell me about it, I just went outside, shorts this afternoon and back in my snowboarding gear now.

Forgot your password?