wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Although I have Polaris in my hangar (multiple CCUs from M2 to A2 to Hammerhead, not applied), I melted my poor Cutty Red and its skins, added some store credit and bought M2 to Odyssey CCU.

Now, waiting for Polaris or Odyssey... whichever comes first *

* -- My Polaris CCU path still allows me to have the ship even if I upgrade M2 to Odyssey first. It's "just" a matter of buying a new M2 or upgrading other large ship to it.
That said, I don't think it makes sense to own both Polaris and Odyssey. If Odyssey comes first, but I decide I prefer Polaris when it's released, I'll simply melt Odyssey and buy HH for an upgrade 🍻

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 14.50.38.png

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Although I have Polaris in my hangar (multiple CCUs from M2 to A2 to Hammerhead, not applied), I melted my poor Cutty Red and its skins, added some store credit and bought M2 to Odyssey CCU.

Now, waiting for Polaris or Odyssey... whichever comes first *

* -- My Polaris CCU path still allows me to have the ship even if I upgrade M2 to Odyssey first. It's "just" a matter of buying a new M2 or upgrading other large ship to it.
That said, I don't think it makes sense to own both Polaris and Odyssey. If Odyssey comes first, but I decide I prefer Polaris when it's released, I'll simply melt Odyssey and buy HH for an upgrade 🍻

View attachment 21886
Get yourself a M2 to Carrack Warbond, you'll save 40$ now, the IAE CCU is back in store.
Then you can store a Carrack to Odyssey with credit.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I view the Endo differently. Might grab my $350 buyback of the base ship one day once it gets closer to release, but not messing with any modules crap until actual release. Regardless, I don't see it as a daily-driver-with-a-hangar like I do these three.
The Endeavor Hope will probably be a daily driver with a hangar for fleet ops, spawn point for small ships (and players).

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Get yourself a M2 to Carrack Warbond, you'll save 40$ now, the IAE CCU is back in store.
Then you can store a Carrack to Odyssey with credit.
Warbond means real money, while I wanted to spend store credits only.
Besides, all my ships have LTI, so I can use standard edition CCUs -- upgraded ship will have LTI anyway.

Last edited:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Odyssey in 3.17.1 / April 2022...? 🤔

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 23.52.32.png

The chances are rather low; we saw ships being removed from the roadmap or progress tracker before; some of them reappeared again, like Hercules, but some of them are still Missing in Action, like Polaris.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Odyssey in 3.17.1 / April 2022...? 🤔

View attachment 21960

The chances are rather low; we saw ships being removed from the roadmap or progress tracker before; some of them reappeared again, like Hercules, but some of them are still Missing in Action, like Polaris.
Well given this is the VCA and NARR it's not the pipeline where ships are modeled and put into the game.

When you see the following teams then you know its being worked on towards ingame release.

1638400500548.png

Or

1638400753282.png

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Well given this is the VCA and NARR it's not the pipeline where ships are modeled and put into the game.
---- Good point, Sir

I read "game-ready vehicle" in the roadmap roundup and I made wrong assumption...

MISC Odyssey
Building, implementing, and balancing MISC's exploration vessel, the Odyssey, as a game-ready vehicle. This can be found on the Vehicle Concept Art and Narrative teams' schedule.

Forgot your password?