Oh God what I have a done?

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I bought a CombatStick from Amazon.

I've been using the Logitech Extreme 3D since the weekend after getting SC with hands on joystick and keyboard (HOJAK?). For the most part I've been having fun with it, but also scouring the internet to find better options. I also almost broke it the other day when I was playing Swarm and got the group 2 button stuck. I've contemplated the Thrustmaster T16000 or HOTAS setup but really hate twist roll and don't want to get pedals just yet. I also thought about saying screw it and getting the basic 3 part CH products but really don't want to spend $300 on that setup just yet when I really need new PC parts, ships and an Apple Watch first. Don't really need the Apple watch but 3 of my friends are getting it and I know I probably will too. So this will be my compromise until we have more info on the official Star Citizen HOTAS. I've read mixed reviews on the Saitek stuff. I figured worst case scenario I return it or resell it for about what I paid for it. Now I just need to take this Logitech back that I'm "renting" from Best Buy.

Whew... thanks for letting me vent a little. So now that I've got this here's my roadmap. Finish Taxes > Suffer with my current Phenom X4 II 965 setup > Wait until July to check on component prices and recommended equipment at that time > buy more ships > get offical SC HOTAS > sell or trade CombatStick.

P.S.
I went with the CombatStick over the FighterStick because I'm not sure I'd like the extra hat switches. 2 seems like enough if I'm still using keyboard and even if I pick up a Pro Throttle. Also I think I read it's a little light to the touch so I may be interested in a spring mod if you anyone has more info on that.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I also have an logitech extreme 3d stick and a thrustmasters (something something fancy thing lol) but I always go back to using my track ball mouse and keyboard.

Forgot your password?