Ok, I gave in and bought the Mercury!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Okay so why do you all think it is so good? If you want a ship to do data runs the running part seems important and the herald is just better at that. Like the herald it has poor offence. The "smuggling tunnels" seriously if someone has invaded your ship how often will it really work that you can fight them off from those tunnels when you couldn't anyways. I am no connie fan either and I like medium sized ships are we reading data runner as electronic warfare ship? Suddenly there is a medium sized cargo ship that can always outrun the interdiction?

The main advantage it has over the connie for me is that the ship team have got better with layouts and cockpits but it massively pays for that in weopon terms and the connie can take a rover to (maybe the mercury can take a car). Cig have gone back to manual turrets to, as if a player is gonna log in and spend all day waiting for a fight because it will be so much fun when it happens to fire 2 size 2s.....
Actually, the herald won’t be better at it in some ways.

The herald has 1XS computer. The Mercury has 5xM computers. In terms of Info running, the Herald is the bike messenger, while the Mercury is the UPS truck. The Herald can get their faster, but the Mercury can transport a lot more data at one time.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Actually, the herald won’t be better at it in some ways.

The herald has 1XS computer. The Mercury has 5xM computers. In terms of Info running, the Herald is the bike messenger, while the Mercury is the UPS truck. The Herald can get their faster, but the Mercury can transport a lot more data at one time.

I know that but imagine the herald plus without the hybrid nature and just the computer room extra and wow you now have a sleek fast data runner upgrade with 5 times the capacity. Sure it wouldn't have cargo or the tiny smuggle option. The problem with the two is if you are spying the herald would appear to be better for the job, its smaller and should be stealthier and has the speed to get away. Plus if your spying are your really sitting in situe to download 5 times as much data? (Note you may download faster but we do not have any info on that). The advantage is literally as a take data from a to b just like a google truck <<< not very exciting really.

I know they have made the ship multipurpose for more sales but would google really design a data transit van which is 5 times larger than it needs to take some cargo along extra? If you removed the extra mass and kept the engines!

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Connie has 4xS5 mounts on it, not 4xS4.
Has anyone ever fought with the thing with 4XS5 guns fixed? That would be very interesting to watch, especially if there ever develops a way to enhance the rotation rates with thruster upgrades. I have always loved the Lancer but this Mercury is just so beautious!

If you could get blazing fast speeds from a mostly empty Lancer Max, with the extended range and scanning of the DUR, with high rotation rates and 4 S5 ballistic cannon, the Lancer would be just amazing. Thing is I don't think they'll allow you to mix and match the attributes of the different versions.

Forgot your password?