Ok I'm not mad about the NO S42 anymore

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Not trying to be a negative nancy here, I love everything that CIG does, but after seeing this week's ATV, it really puts into perspective where they are at and how behind schedule they are compared to where most of us perceived their progress to be. Please dont read this as a negative comment against them, and see it as myself and a rude awakening to where progress really is. It was kinda nice to see their vulnerabilities from their end as opposed to reading it in another shitty news article.

I do appreciate all the hard work they have put forth so far, and I will continue to back this game.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh it was a great video, a brave video really showing the nitty gritty of game development, it aint all plain sailing, infact it never is plain sailing. Also great for us to see the emotion and utter disappointment that they could not get the demo out the door in time. It must have been crushing after having the studio work 24/7 for weeks and everyone doing late nights and early mornings.

If you were angry originally, slap yourself in the face, have a word with yourself and wake up to the fact that creating cutting endge ground breaking game development can not be rushed, and can not be timelined accurately as there is no experience or benchmark tyo go on.

This isnt aimed at anyone specific - just at everyone: All you guys that are putting excessive pressure on the devs to get everything out yesterday just because your momma didn't teach you a bit of patience when you were a kid is actually a very negative thing for both you and the devs. If you guys ever wondered why the game industry is in such a shocking state with games constantly being released broken, buggy with features missing, again, look in the mirror as your "me me me now now now" attitudes created this whole mess and still support it.

We as backers should only do positive things and we should only support in a positive way.

"I understand you could not get the SQ42 demo in time, thank you so much for trying. I don't mind, I support you and I will wait until it's ready"

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
It's always interesting to see the "meat and potatoes" of how companies work. It is easy to overlook the day to day operations of any company. It's just another company with the same pressure of deadlines, budget concerns, communication problems, vision conflicts, and even office drama. It is very likely that the people that designed and produced the constellation think that the Aegis modelers are talentless hacks. I can imagine the whispered trash talk between designer groups... "dude, did you see that landing gear on the Aquilla in the demo? It looks like a bag of ass. The RSI group guys are just lazy asshats and couldn't even finish the animation."

The point is, all the complexities and intricacies that you find at your job is at CIG as well. All the pressures you have to perform at work are there for them as well. They show up hungover in the morning, just like you. They worry about how they can meet their deadlines, just like you. They hate at least someone in the office, just like you. They even worry about getting yelled at by their boss, just like you. It's all the same.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
"I understand you could not get the SQ42 demo in time, thank you so much for trying. I don't mind, I support you and I will wait until it's ready"
I have the same mentality about Video Games as I do about Pasta...
It's ready when it's ready
and if you want to eat it before it's done,
You'll be chewing through some thick pasty shit.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Excellent analogy! Who wants hard pasta?!!!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Yeh it was a great video, a brave video really showing the nitty gritty of game development, it aint all plain sailing, infact it never is plain sailing. Also great for us to see the emotion and utter disappointment that they could not get the demo out the door in time. It must have been crushing after having the studio work 24/7 for weeks and everyone doing late nights and early mornings.

If you were angry originally, slap yourself in the face, have a word with yourself and wake up to the fact that creating cutting endge ground breaking game development can not be rushed, and can not be timelined accurately as there is no experience or benchmark tyo go on.

This isnt aimed at anyone specific - just at everyone: All you guys that are putting excessive pressure on the devs to get everything out yesterday just because your momma didn't teach you a bit of patience when you were a kid is actually a very negative thing for both you and the devs. If you guys ever wondered why the game industry is in such a shocking state with games constantly being released broken, buggy with features missing, again, look in the mirror as your "me me me now now now" attitudes created this whole mess and still support it.

We as backers should only do positive things and we should only support in a positive way.

Its not about the "IF" (they are doing), for we are sure they doing their very best - its about the "HOW" (CR represents RSI). I'm more blaming the fact, a) arouse, or better inflame expectations like hell and then to deliver it not - and moreover b) finally to communicate it in a way that everyone ist thinking "ftw!?".
Perhaps Chris should have shown something like this ATV during the show. Or perhaps Chris should've spend some Dollars into a Marktingcompany for working out a show. But there is still hope: he recently hired this marketing professional. Hopefully such things won't happen again in future.

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
Surprised they showed Chris being a douche and that we were allowed to see into it. Very refreshing to see such openness.

You could tell they were all beat down in trying to meet their goal. It appears they bounce back by recognizing they moved the project forward. Very healthy team mechanics going on. It's in good hands from what I see.

Forgot your password?