ok maybe a silly question but...

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
This is probably going to be a silly question but here goes. I recently saw someone selling an account that had a redeemer in the hanger and a redeemer as a buy back pledge. I'm wondering why he has 2 of the same ship, one melted and one in use. I had a crazy thought that is he melting one when he gets a buy back token for store credits and then using the token to get the other back in order to increase his spending on the account to eventually get concierge or does it not work that way?

As you can probably tell I'm not very clued in as to the workings of store credits etc.

thanks for reading my late night ramblings and thank you for any reply.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
This is probably going to be a silly question but here goes. I recently saw someone selling an account that had a redeemer in the hanger and a redeemer as a buy back pledge. I'm wondering why he has 2 of the same ship, one melted and one in use. I had a crazy thought that is he melting one when he gets a buy back token for store credits and then using the token to get the other back in order to increase his spending on the account to eventually get concierge or does it not work that way?

As you can probably tell I'm not very clued in as to the workings of store credits etc.

thanks for reading my late night ramblings and thank you for any reply.
Nope, it just monitors your real dollar total spend. So he has the total spend for two (or just one, as I will explain below).

He probably either has credit, or if he didn't mention that, he may have bought something with that credit and transferred it out of the account. In this case, he should have two reclaimers worth of spend on the account, even if the money isn't there.

Or, he could have had a non-lti reclaimer and used ccus to get a single LTI reclaimer using the credits from the melted one, in which case he would have one reclaimer worth of spend.

In no cases would shuffling tokens and buybacks increase spend for him to get towards concierge (unless the price of the ship went up - I think that may influence buybacks but could be wrong).

Let me know if that makes sense to you!

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I'd add that its pretty easy to get more than one of the same ship like that. Imagine owning Ship 'A', turning it in for store credit, using the credit to buy cheaper Ship 'B', then not liking Ship B and using the CCU system to get Ship A back (for less cost than it would have taken to recover it buyback). Ship A will appear both in the hangar and in buyback in such a case.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'd add that its pretty easy to get more than one of the same ship like that. Imagine owning Ship 'A', turning it in for store credit, using the credit to buy cheaper Ship 'B', then not liking Ship B and using the CCU system to get Ship A back (for less cost than it would have taken to recover it buyback). Ship A will appear both in the hangar and in buyback in such a case.
I've done exactly that, quite a few times. I sometimes do this with packages too. You can use this to reset ships in the package if you upgraded the wrong way or if the package is re-released with different options. You do need to watch what ships you have in packages though, that's how I ended up with 2 prospectors. One was stand alone, the other was hidden in a package I hadn't looked at for a while. Totally forgot it was there.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Nope, it just monitors your real dollar total spend. So he has the total spend for two (or just one, as I will explain below).

He probably either has credit, or if he didn't mention that, he may have bought something with that credit and transferred it out of the account. In this case, he should have two reclaimers worth of spend on the account, even if the money isn't there.

Or, he could have had a non-lti reclaimer and used ccus to get a single LTI reclaimer using the credits from the melted one, in which case he would have one reclaimer worth of spend.

In no cases would shuffling tokens and buybacks increase spend for him to get towards concierge (unless the price of the ship went up - I think that may influence buybacks but could be wrong).

Let me know if that makes sense to you!
I understand now. Thank you so much for the reply. I will eventually understand all the ins and outs of the mechanics of the accounting system. I would have to try to find the account again but if I remember correctly he had 2 different purchase dates but both were 10 year insurance.

Reactions: Scape and Vavrik

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
That is interesting. I will look into ways of working the pledge store to make some very nice savings. Thank you.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I've done exactly that, quite a few times. I sometimes do this with packages too. You can use this to reset ships in the package if you upgraded the wrong way or if the package is re-released with different options. You do need to watch what ships you have in packages though, that's how I ended up with 2 prospectors. One was stand alone, the other was hidden in a package I hadn't looked at for a while. Totally forgot it was there.
I'll remember to keep a close eye on what is held with packages. No doubt I will probably get burned once in order to be more observant but I'll take this on board. Thank you.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Since nobody mentioned it yet, if you're doing any long-term fleet planning, start using the CCU game app! Make life WORLDS easier to see what you have, and plan the cheapest possible path to what you want, especially with IAE coming up shortly!

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Forgot your password?