Ok Who can tell me what the best tasting beer is.

MadGhost

Admiral
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
MadGhost
Ok Who can tell me what the best tasting beer is. I also need to know where to buy it in USA. Mind you I lived in Germany for 4 years and have tasted a lot there by the barrels lol.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Hmmm ... hard one, especially for a person like me, that lives a stone trow away from the Belgium and German border (and we dutch peeps also have a few good ones)
And off course i don't really know if you can get them in the USA.

For the German one... i like Erdinger allot (also sold that allot in the bar i worked at, and you know most of the german ones)
For the Belgium one... i like Kwak, Duvel, Leffe, Westmalle, Stella Artois and Belle-Vue allot (you can see i'm in favor of the Belgium beers, and there are even more that i like)
For the Dutch one... i like Grolsh, Alpha, Bavaria and Hertog Jan (never ever come to me with Heineken, we southern Dutch peeps dislike it allot... but the Export taste a bit beter)

I also like to drink Murphy from time to time, for the Irish taste.
And allot of Mead... from a horn... leaking into my big braided beard... making everything sticky... :)

MadGhost

Admiral
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
MadGhost
I have tried most of the Bach's and the Grolsh lived on both east German border and Holland border . I was in the Army stationed in Germany during the Cold war before the wall came down and during. So I tried to drink up the country but no bottom to that barrel. I think some of those are available at a beer joint in Little Rock Arkansas I will have to check it out and see.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I have tried most of the Bach's and the Grolsh lived on both east German border and Holland border . I was in the Army stationed in Germany during the Cold war before the wall came down and during.
Man, i wish i could have been there myself... but at a age of 15/16 i couldn't make it :(
Too poor, no car and the army didn't want me when i got drafted (been in the last draft that the netherlands would ever have after that)

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Put these men is the beer labs!!
I learned all the tips and tricks in beer, from my good old friend that past away, Michael Jackson...

...No, not the one you have in mind :)
As you can see... he was an expert!... the Bob Rose of beers. :D

Last edited:

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
This is the best beer: http://www.cambabavaria.de/en/products/bierspezialitaeten/camba-wilderer-weisse
But it's pretty much impossible to get outside of germany.
This is pretty good aswell: http://www.schneider-weisse.de/index.php?lang=en&tpl=brauerei.spezialitaeten.origi
And you can get it in the US(in some way at least): http://www.schneider-weisse.de/index.php?lang=en&tpl=liebhaber.bezugsquellen.kaufen
Don't know what you used to drink in Germany, but if you don't like beer with strong aroma the Erdinger Weisse could be for you.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
To quote one of my colleagues with ahem less than stellar beer tastes:

"Man, I only drink microbrewed and craft beer shit. Like Bud Light Platinum, thats some good ass beer right there".

In all seriousness, I like anything wheat based. Some franziskaner or Kellerweis makes me a happy TESTie.

CitizenX

Space Marshal
Jul 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Citizen-X
Bud light!

Yeah... That happened to me once.. only without the hot chick at the start, or the hairdresser. Come to think of it there was no Limo or Arnold.
Hell I dont even remember a damn party or OneRepublic even playing in the damn city...WTF???

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz

Gelafogo

Lieutenant
Jul 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Gelofogo
What kind of beer are you in to? The answer really varies. Some of my favorites, off the top of my head: Allagash White, Nitro Milk Stout, Kentucky Bourbon Ale, Rouge Double Chocolate Porter, Lagunitas Sumpin Sumpin, Bell's Java Stout, Arcadia Ales Imperial Stout (dark beers are my favorite beers, and Rogue, Lagunitas, Bell's, an Arcadia Ales are my favorite breweries. Most beers from them are really good).

Forgot your password?