Ol'e Blue Car

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
IMG_20170810_233016_117.jpg

So here's a little something random I decided to post, recently I have gotten one of the old cars on my family farm running again after 15 years. Now granted a 1971 4-door Galaxie 500 is nothing rare, these used to be very common cars but to be honest you don't actually see them that often on the road today. However this car still means a lot to me as this tank is what all of us kids (my brothers and sisters) learned to drive in... Good to see her back on the road and bugging the shit outt'a my neighbor lol!

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
IMG_20170810_233147_038.jpg

It's in the body shop today getting the rear window replaced after some local teenage hooligans decided to knock some windows out of it. (I replaced the passenger side windows myself) Funny thing is the body shop I took it to is actually the the original lot it was purchased from 46 years ago, small world.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
View attachment 7273
It's in the body shop today getting the rear window replaced after some local teenage hooligans decided to knock some windows out of it. (I replaced the passenger side windows myself) Funny thing is the body shop I took it to is actually the the original lot it was purchased from 46 years ago, small world.
You need to check the frame.... sadly i see some rust eatting away at your car that needs to be taken care of immediately if you want to save the car. hopefully you dont have rust on the actual frame itself everything else is easily replaceable if you need a new frame you might as well buy a another car....

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
View attachment 7273
those turds.....teenagers are so dumb sometimes.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I had a white '73 back in the day

people slowed down when they saw me coming

they thought I was the Hghway Patrol

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
You need to check the frame.... sadly i see some rust eatting away at your car that needs to be taken care of immediately if you want to save the car. hopefully you dont have rust on the actual frame itself everything else is easily replaceable if you need a new frame you might as well buy a another car....
Luckily it's just part of the rear fender wells and rear quarter panel areas that have bad rust. The underside and frame are still in decent shape, I plan on stripping her down and repainting the bottom side.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
spankings? or some other physical punishment?
Court fined the parents for 5k for all the cars they damaged, originally it was gonna be 8k lol

Did you force them to drink Bud Light?
I actually caught the older brother of one of them dropping off bud light in the fairlane the next day on camera too lmao

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Luckily it's just part of the rear fender wells and rear quarter panel areas that have bad rust. The underside and frame are still in decent shape, I plan on stripping her down and repainting the bottom side.
Thank god but ensure you take everything out before you start you need to see every part of the frame and underside. remove seats, doors, hood, guards, panels bumpers, give it a good wash keep it in a dry place, sand out all rust start with 80 grit work up to 120 160 if you are feeling frisky. If you are feeling up to it take out everything from the engine bay but for gods sake make sure you record the whole removal process so you know how to put it back together ive seen to many people who do this screw this up and have no idea how to reassemble and add a month or 2 onto their restore time. You don't need to buy new parts till you clean everything up. as you reassemble your engine ensure you clean each part sand everything down and coat it with protectants(There are a lot out there its up to you to choose the one that works for you best). I see a beautiful car in your future just take some time and patience cause you will need it.. Another suggestion if you need to fabricate new panels choose a non-corrosive metal to refurbish the panels

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Thank god but ensure you take everything out before you start you need to see every part of the frame and underside. remove seats, doors, hood, guards, panels bumpers, give it a good wash keep it in a dry place, sand out all rust start with 80 grit work up to 120 160 if you are feeling frisky. If you are feeling up to it take out everything from the engine bay but for gods sake make sure you record the whole removal process so you know how to put it back together ive seen to many people who do this screw this up and have no idea how to reassemble and add a month or 2 onto their restore time. You don't need to buy new parts till you clean everything up. as you reassemble your engine ensure you clean each part sand everything down and coat it with protectants(There are a lot out there its up to you to choose the one that works for you best). I see a beautiful car in your future just take some time and patience cause you will need it.. Another suggestion if you need to fabricate new panels choose a non-corrosive metal to refurbish the panels
And paint it black and yellow...

Forgot your password?