On the Horizon: the Hull C !!!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For comparison, the Hull C has a Large Q drive, same as the Cat, but hauls about 8X as much.

I was very surprised to find the spine down the center of the extended frame is traversable. Nice ship that some say is the largest Hull that can be handled by one person. Same max crew size as the Cat--4 persons.

View: https://youtu.be/ZfM1_1VsgRE

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
For comparison, the Hull C has a Large Q drive, same as the Cat, but hauls about 8X as much.

I was very surprised to find the spine down the center of the extended frame is traversable. Nice ship that some say is the largest Hull that can be handled by one person. Same max crew size as the Cat--4 persons.

That traversable spine is why it's not in-game yet. Its been waiting on engine coders to allow for physic grids to morph at run time.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
That traversable spine is why it's not in-game yet. Its been waiting on engine coders to allow for physic grids to morph at run time.
This and also docking and some other minor features are needed (for example larger cargo boxes (8, 16, 32, 64, 128 SCU (?)), as 3600 boxes with 1 SCU will kill every server performance)

Reactions: Chip Hazzard

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Seems like it will be something I'll be aiming to get for my space truckin needs. Very cool!

Quiet a while back I remember someone stating that the physics grid issues that comes with changing shape have been solved and so they can get this thing in game soon!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I'm still waiting to learn which of the Hull series will fit in the small and medium wormholes

the Hull A has significantly less cargo capacity than the Freelancer Max, which is able to traverse small wormholes and has great tank

so the Hull A is useless IMO

but what about the Hull B, which has significantly more capacity? What's the smallest wormhole it will fit through?

I think mining and manufacturing bases in systems where you can't get attacked by big ships would be really attractive

and make exploring for small and medium wormholes worthwhile

as long as you can get your goods in and out efficiently

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm still waiting to learn which of the Hull series will fit in the small and medium wormholes

the Hull A has significantly less cargo capacity than the Freelancer Max, which is able to traverse small wormholes and has great tank

but what about the Hull B, which has significantly more capacity? What's the smallest wormhole it will fit through?

I think mining and manufacturing bases in systems where you can't get attacked by big ships would be really attractive

Leave it to @maynard to worry about which hole his ship will fit in.

I also would be concerned about the new flight coding and how the Hull series would act.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

They actually stated they are rethinking the entire "wormhole size" thing. I am seriously considering putting a Hull-B in my fleet.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
No you are missing two facts.
1. The Hull A is a similar price to a starter ship - ship prices do really matter to many people out there.
2. Corporate efficiency - the Hull A is supposed to be super efficient with regard to fuel economy. Whilst fuel economy doesn't exist now as the fuel price is so absurdly low, it will in the future.
3. I recon when the build it the Hull A will carry a bit more cargo than was originally advertised!

I melted all my hulls when CIG gave up on it a couple of years ago but I do want an A and a C back.

Forgot your password?