Orion Galactapedia Article

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

The Orion is a mobile mining platform manufactured by Roberts Space Industries (RSI). It was designed as a solution for mining concerns that wish to conduct operations using a single ship. Built with an array of dedicated mining equipment, it includes extensive storage for resources, drone docks, and an on-board refinery. RSI advertises the ship as a “one and done” solution for large scale-mining that allows crews to locate, identify, and then extract minerals without needing additional support vessels. It is the largest civilian ship type currently sold by RSI.
Its just a reconfirmation of things but nice to see it still has the refinery.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
This is my next major purchase. I've been gravitating my fleet choices towards resources and salvage. They will now take priority, my next six ships on my list are mining, salvage, refuelling and freight, then followed by crew sized combat ships. This sale i've picked up a Prospector and a Vulture, and in four days made almost one million aUEC with the Prospector (after recuperating cost's for upgrade shields and Helix mining head, 100k+. Not bad considering I had around 95k aUEC left).

It's nice having lots of combat ships, but the bastards wont pay for their own upkeep. Also since we'll be playing longterm, it pays to be set up early. As mentioned elsewhere, with the numbers we have, TEST could easily become both an economic powerhouse, and military juggernaut.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It is. I wonder were it is on the ship pipeline waiting list.

Was going back over the list of ships and I have to say the waiting list is getting rather small.

There is the
Orion
Polaris
Banu
Genesis
Crucible
Redeemer
Endeavor
Kraken
X1
Pioneer
Nova
Vulcan
Vulture
Apollo
San`TokYAI
SRV
Corsair
Ranger
Nautilus
Ares
G12
Perseus
Talon (almost complete)
Hercules (almost complete)
Idris, Javelin and Bengal (possibly finished inside)
Hull A, B, D, E (C is supposidly done just waiting on physics engine modifications)

This list is rather small compared to the flight ready one.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Think he mean Pegasus..

Oh really??? Was the Pegasus even on sale at some point??
I've seen some concept image for that, but never see a thing about it on RSI site, not even heard of a limited number pladge like the Javelin or the Idris.... wasn't the Javelin suppose to be the largest ship player can own???

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Oh really??? Was the Pegasus even on sale at some point??
I've seen some concept image for that, but never see a thing about it on RSI site, not even heard of a limited number pladge like the Javelin or the Idris.... wasn't the Javelin suppose to be the largest ship player can own???
No its not a ship a player can buy just like the Bengal and Lightning, but they are still ships that should be in the verse at sometime in the future.

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

Alia_and_Gotin

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Alia Traprunner
This is my next major purchase. I've been gravitating my fleet choices towards resources and salvage. They will now take priority, my next six ships on my list are mining, salvage, refuelling and freight, then followed by crew sized combat ships. This sale i've picked up a Prospector and a Vulture, and in four days made almost one million aUEC with the Prospector (after recuperating cost's for upgrade shields and Helix mining head, 100k+. Not bad considering I had around 95k aUEC left).

It's nice having lots of combat ships, but the bastards wont pay for their own upkeep. Also since we'll be playing longterm, it pays to be set up early. As mentioned elsewhere, with the numbers we have, TEST could easily become both an economic powerhouse, and military juggernaut.

Yeah same here. I enjoy mining in all its forms so far and I hope salvage will also be enjoyable/similar. I've geared most of my ships toward those. I'm doing a little trading, but while I don't mind it, I don't see myself doing big cargo runs. I don't think I could stand the stress :D So I will keep a light freight around but it won't be my focus. I haven't picked up a salvage ship yet. As Gotin and I play together 90% of the time I"m hoping to see a midsized salvage between the Vulture and the Reclaimer. Love the Prospector and the Mole so those stay for sure.

Forgot your password?