Orunib (Dwarf Fortress)

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
It is the _ of _ . The stout and drunken little men of the group "Praisedbottles the Legendary Dream-Beards of Beer". Surely such a group can stand whatever tests this rough and cruel world can throw at their drunken stupor. They will bring great honor to the ancient mountainhomes, or fall upon eachother in alchohol fueled madness, or be torn to shreds by the clowns in the circus deep below the great magma sea, or enslaved by goblins, eaten by elves, or carp..... you know what i am just going to stop there and give forth the names of our brave settlers.

'Montoya' Dakostar

He is seventy four years old, He is muscular, his hair is crinkly, his sideburns are braided.

'Testbot' Oboksigun

He is seventy seven years old, he is muscular, his sideburns are clean shaven, his very long mustache is double braided.

'Seung" Mosusngotun

He is sixty two years old, He has a broad body but it is very frail, his hair is straight, his sideburns are braided.

'Dirty' Lolorolon (please note that the game chooses gender(not that i didnt have a laugh at Dirty's expense))

She is seventy two years old, she i broad bodied and very fat, her hair is straight.

'Barthanes' Udoslikot

He is eighty five years old, he is very muscular with a broad body, his sideburns are clean shaven, his long mustache is double braided.

'Joecool' Enkosastesh

He is fifty five years old, he is average in size, his sideburns are clean shaven, his long mustache is neatly combed.

'Egriz' Estillibash

She is sixty four years old, she is average in size, her jade eyes are round.

They set forth to build a fortress worthy of legend and give it a name to fit amongst the greats. Orunib, Drunkenrags!

You have arrived. After a journey from the Mountainhomes to the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party is to make an outpost for the glory of all Daleminod. There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Wether by bolt, plow, or hook, provide for your dwarves. You are expecting a supply caravan before winter entombs you, but it is spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings ere the dingo men get hungry. A new chapter of Dwarven history begins here at this place, Orunib (Drunkenrags). STRIKE THE EARTH!

And with that i begin the saga of the TESTfortress. Please note that i chose the names based off of TESTES i could remember when i joined all those months ago. Everyone will get a named dwarf wether they like it or not. If your dwarf dies, well.... that it. Oh and Testes on my dark heresy game are going to have priority for getting named because i am biased like that.I plan to play the game for an hour or two every tuesday and update the forum thread ever wednesday.

Oh and i am going to try to make Barthanes the hammerer, for reasons i find both obvious and hilarious.

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
Chapter 1

Barthanes

We have arrived. The meals.... I mean the animals are everywhere, but they should wait. The first thing any smart dwarf does is think to his defense first. So we dug the beginnings to our defensive bulwark first before delving deeper to carve our main hall out of the stone.

upload_2014-9-3_21-26-38.png

Our Main hall is dug with plenty of head room. It is quite spacious. I can only imagine now feasting on the Plump-Helmets and Cat Tripe with the many hundreds of my fellow dwarves. Truly we have been chosen by Armok to Have a great destiny.

Problems have arisen while delving towards the fertile sand on the other side of the river. While normally it would have been no problem, we have encountered an aquifer and have no way of bypassing it. We are going to attempt to dig above it, despite that carrying us incredibly close to the river above. I pray to Armok that this works, else we may need to make a passage above the river to reach that fertile soil.

25 Hematite 127

Migrants! Oh, and when did summer arrive?

And with that I am going to end this episode. I will name the new arrivals next tuesday! Catch yall later.

(current main level digging)

upload_2014-9-3_21-27-10.png

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Awesome! DF is such a great game. And the Dwarfs can only survive with enough alcohol, if that isn't TESTy I don't know what is.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
what GUI mod are you using? I hate the ASIC looks.

Forgot your password?