Patch 2.2 has been released to PTU.

Did you receive a PTU invite?

• Total voters

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
Update: 2.2c has been released onto the PTU.

Patch Notes:

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0c
Alpha Patch 2.2.0c has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-234858” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 PTU Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is appearing somewhat untextured in-game.
  • The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is being awarded to all players on the server.
  • Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
  • The Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol cannot be picked up from players bedroom.
    • When attempting to pick up the Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol, the players arm animation twists in a weird angle.
    • When the pickup animation is complete, the pistol will remain floating at waist level next to the character.

Contents:
Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

• Fixed several texture conflicts in and around Jobwell in ArcCorp.
  • Fixed an issue where a medpack in the Medical Unit was not displaying the right name when in AR mode (F10).
  • Fixed an issue where characters could not view mobiGlas while a FPS weapon was drawn.
Game Systems:

• Fixed an issue where quantum travel targets where obstructed for no reason, for the Gladius and Hornet.
  • Updated the point-value of several ships in Arena Commander.
Ships:

• Fixed an issue where Auroras (all) appeared grey and were missing paint.
  • Fixed an issue where the countermeasure launchers on the Avenger (all) where missing detail levels.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sabre would lose all power to thrusters when its shields were recharging.
  • Adjusted the rotational speed of the Sabre to bring it more on-par with Hornets.
  • Slightly decreased the overall strength of the default shields for the Vanguard Warden.
  • Fixed an issue where the Revenant Gatling ammunition could be used on the Mantis Gatling.
First Person:

• Fixed an issue where users could rotate their camera, such that they could see down the neck of their character.
  • Fixed an issue with the EVA thrusters would occasionally disappear from characters in Crusader.
  • Fixed an issue where the helmet flashlight would become visible in the characters field of view when running.
  • Fixed an issue where characters would jerk and snap around when exiting vehicles into zero gravity.
  • The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is now correctly being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.
Technical:

• Fixed an issue where the users would sometimes crash to desktop with an assertion error.
  • Fixed an issue where the users would sometimes crash to desktop with a CryAnimation Error.
  • Fixed a number of client crashes.
  • Fixed a number of server crashes.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Yeah they send an email when you have an invite.

I got some time today, went to port olisar, played the "make the pistol float" game for a while with the pistol they added to the bedroom, then jumped into my vanguard, flew out of the safe zone and tested my guns. Shot myself over and over due to the ballistic Gatling firing in random directions, died.

10/10 would TEST again!

So I did. This time spawning a Sabre, got into it, took off and turned left.

Died

11/10!

PTU is buggy, but hey, much better than 2.0 PTU which was hellish. Just keep reporting people!

Reactions: aLumberingOx

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
  • Fixed an issue where the Sabre would lose all power to thrusters when its shields were recharging.
  • Adjusted the rotational speed of the Sabre to bring it more on-par with Hornets.
People were already screaming bloody murder that the Sabre wasn't going to be nimble and it's worse than the Vanguard. Also, that when you divert power from engines you can't move hardly at all.

They really need to understand the term Alpha. And on top of that, Testing in Alpha!

Makes me nervous just to want to read the RSI site for info.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Makes me nervous just to want to read the RSI site for info.
why do you think this site exists? so we never have to go to RSI forums OFC

God bless Fearless Leader and Seung

Reactions: AstroGimp01

Orcharyu

Vice Admiral
Dec 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Papa_Thok
I am enjoying the Sabre so far. Once it goes to live and I can equip it with weapons from the REC store it will be much better. They did a much better job with this Aegis out the gate compared to the last one. To this point I am pleased with the continued progress.

Forgot your password?