Patch 2.2 has been released to PTU.

Did you receive a PTU invite?

• Total voters

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Sabre is not as agile as I would want it, but havent really flown enough yet. Will do a full flight-test tomorrow :D

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
A bit underwhelmed by 2.2, all the big SC streamers has been saying that this is the year for massive content patches, 3 months into 2016 and this patch aint exactly a massive update to the game.
I would consider a flight ready ship and hangar ready ship a pretty big deal.

Tripfist

Lieutenant
Jan 26, 2016
RSI Handle
Naraka
With the introduction of the reputation system, and auto generated bounty systems, that is a big thing for the game. Plus all the back end stuff that we don't see, and we are ONLY 3 months in.
My thoughts exactly. The blessing and curse of CIG has been its open development. Some people seem to not understand the tech these guys have been building in such little time with an even shorter team around to build it. The Germany office was just completed last year and now has a large staff, many that seem to be core engineering and original Crytek devs. In that short time they gave us the badass procedural generation tech for planets and thats just one accomplishment of just one of their studios. SC has only been in development for about 3-4 years and at the start it was a team of 10 maybe? Now they're well over 200 worldwide and still hiring.

I give Star Citizen about another 2 years to become what will be a new benchmark of space games, probably video games in general. I've been following this game for a while and when they shifted focus to a FPU I didnt expect to have a playable PU type build until this summer.. I'm already impressed with the progress made but also know games of this caliber that break this much new ground take time to get right. I'll be patiently waiting.

Hit me up on the PTU, player ID Naraka.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Sabre is a meh ships for me at the moment. Will see if they "fix" it..... Or I'll get my Vanguard back.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Sabre is a meh ships for me at the moment. Will see if they "fix" it..... Or I'll get my Vanguard back.
IF they fix it and it's the super stealthy ship they promised then I'm CCUing my Ghost. I'm mainly going to use it so I can do solo missions and be left alone. Maybe some scouting with groups or running protection.

I'm sure it'll be fine. It's only in PTU. And we're far from release. Not to mention they're just starting to implement the component system.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Got to fly around in the PTU for a bit the other night, gonna try again tonight, now that my driver/Win10 issue is fixed....

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Biggest problem with the Sabre at the moment is power management imo. If you shields take a hit and have to recharge it eats so much power that your engines cant handle any movement and you just float in a direction after a few seconds. This sucks when someone is shooting you :)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Biggest problem with the Sabre at the moment is power management imo. If you shields take a hit and have to recharge it eats so much power that your engines cant handle any movement and you just float in a direction after a few seconds. This sucks when someone is shooting you :)
I'm so bad at power management. I need to get that app. Doubt it'll do much good in fights with the speed of kills, but power to engines while flying might be good.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I started using voiceattack for shield and powermanagement, works suprisingly well.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
2.2.0b out

Important Issues:

The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is not currently being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.
Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics is having issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.
We highly recommend using a ship with a cockpit if you have one available, or using the test Sabre.

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

Fixed an issue where the audio for activating/deactivating a Comms Array could be heard across the solar system.
Fixed an issue where players would become stuck in their bedroom upon spawning into Crusader.
Increased quantity of asteroids in Yela.

Game Systems:

Player will now be kicked from server if they have a criminal level of 5 and kill themselves.
Fixed an issue where passengers in a non-multicrew ship were being ejected when ship went into quantum travel.
Fixed an issue where the player hostility respawn timer would freeze if the players wanted level was reduced before the timer finished.
Fixed a collision issue where players could potentially clip through solid objects.
Fixed an issue where the FPS weapon targeting reticle would stop displaying while in EVA mode.

Ships:

Fixed an issue where entering a ship with interior physics via EVA had a high chance of killing the player.
Fixed an issue where there was too much glare on the Sabre Cockpit window.
Fixed an issue where killing a Sabre in Arena Commander was not giving kill credit.
Fixed an issue where the Constellation missile pods could be mounted on any ship.
Fixed an issue where the pilot would be stuck in their seat if the copilot exited their seat in the Cutlass first.

First Person:

Fixed an issue in the Holotable where cooler hardpoints were not displaying correctly for multiple ships, including the Mustang series, Aurora series and the Super Hornet.
Fixed an issue where the P4-AR was showing up with “Replaceme” textures from any other perspective.

User Interface:

Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating correctly when a Comms Array was enabled/disabled.
Fixed an issue where quest notification text would not go away in AR (F10).

Technical:

Fixed several client crashes.
Fixed several server crashes.

Forgot your password?