Pathfinder tabletop (Online)

Oct 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Malikin
A bit of time ago a few expressed interest in doing a regular game. I have run campaigns before and I have some material. I can update and write out that material. However, I would like to know how many are interested in a game. The other details will also need to be worked out, and i will have to dig out my books. Please let me know, if there is enough interest, I can start putting something together right away.

Reactions: smeggy and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Been ages since I played anything like that, does that rule set support a dragon riding Ranger?

smeggy

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
sm3ggy
I'd be in. What day/time (including what time zone) where you thinking?

Oct 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Malikin
I would have to research the ranger a bit, and consider their animal companions.

Day/time would have to be determined and would take into consideration all of us who have interest.

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
Been ages since I played anything like that, does that rule set support a dragon riding Ranger?
There's a Drake Warden archetype, that gives access to a Drake (Not a true Dragon) as an Animal Companion (-3 effective ranger level, which you can get around with Boon Companion feat). But they start out as tiny, grow to small at 5th, medium at 9th, large at 13th and huge at 17th. Meaning a small size race can ride it at 9th, and medium at 13th. Although there is an Undersized Mount feat that allows you to ride creatures of the same size category. (Mount Drake can be selected at 7th level, but has a limitation of the rider still being one size category smaller. Specific overrides general, so ask your GM if they'll allow Undersized Mount feat to work with it.)

Last edited:
  • Glorious
Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
There's a Drake Warden archetype, that gives access to a Drake (Not a true Dragon) as an Animal Companion (-3 effective ranger level, which you can get around with Boon Companion feat). But they start out as tiny, grow to small at 5th, medium at 9th, large at 13th and huge at 17th. Meaning a small size race can ride it at 9th, and medium at 13th. Although there is an Undersized Mount feat that allows you to ride creatures of the same size category. (Mount Drake can be selected at 7th level, but has a limitation of the rider still being one size category smaller. Specific overrides general, so ask your GM if they'll allow Undersized Mount feat to work with it.)
An Halfling Drake Warden sounds glorious.

Would this be played online on a site or over the phone?

Oct 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Malikin
This would be played online, probably using discord or something else if there is a site that supports it. Not sure how to do dice rolls. A random generator is nice and all, but old fashion dice can just feel better sometimes. Once there is enough of us, I think a proper discussion can be had.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
This would be played online, probably using discord or something else if there is a site that supports it. Not sure how to do dice rolls. A random generator is nice and all, but old fashion dice can just feel better sometimes. Once there is enough of us, I think a proper discussion can be had.
Sorry, the way I asked wasn't clear to my intent. I meant is the tentative plan to use something like Roll20.net?

*- to be clear I'm not endorsing any site as I haven't used any, that was just the first I found as an example.

Last edited:
Reactions: smeggy

smeggy

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
sm3ggy
I play with a few other friends, and that is what we use (roll20.net).
The rolling is all done for you when you click on an attack/skill/other stat. We just use discord for voice.

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
Yeah, Roll20 is definitely the best option for a virtual tabletop. Obsidian Portal looks like it's still the best option for character sheets, possible journal entries and notes. It's also faster to just change tabs, or have it up on a second screen than pulling it up on roll20, although you'll need to make the macros manually if you want to use those. Tokentool can be used to make the tokens for player characters and NPCs from images that you can just drop into roll20.

Forgot your password?