Peace within the organization

Promeathean

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Promeathean
Hey guys, sorry if I am being ignorant but I was wondering since TEST supports pirates, its inevitable that some of our members will have bounties on their heads. So, I was wondering if the people in our org who are not criminals are obligated as TEST members to protect "our pirates" against the UEE Navy or Bounty hunters from other orgs? If not, are we allowed to hunt down our own org members bounties for ourselves? Again, I do apologize if this topic has already been discussed elsewhere XD

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
TESTies do not shoot TESTies.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
So does that mean TESTies are supposed to protect other TESTies regardless of the crime they committed? If so, wouldn't the TESTies that helped the criminal TESTies escape/hide be committing a crime as well?
Well that's what being a team means. One for all and all for one.

Promeathean

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Promeathean
Well that's what being a team means. One for all and all for one.
Well in that case, it seems like it will only take one member from TEST to commit a crime and then the innocent TESTies will have no choice but to follow through to try and protect the criminal TESTie making them criminals as well until the whole org becomes a criminal organization through trying to rescue the rescuers of the criminal TESTies. I hope that made sense because its a bit hard to explain.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Well in that case, it seems like it will only take one member from TEST to commit a crime and then the innocent TESTies will have no choice but to follow through to try and protect the criminal TESTie making them criminals as well until the whole org becomes a criminal organization through trying to rescue the rescuers of the criminal TESTies. I hope that made sense because its a bit hard to explain.
Test pirates will go in a separate org just for pirate things

Reactions: Promeathean

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
This is one of the areas of the game that we don't have much information on. Once we know exactly how much illegal activity affects the org's standing we'll be able to have guidelines that are a little more rigid in place.

The current thinking is to create a sister org for the pirates so they can do as much crime as they want, but won't be an influence on TEST's standing. We don't know how being allied or affiliated with an org that has a criminal standing will affect our standing so it might even be an "honor system" of TEST pirates don't screw with TEST proper.

As far as protecting them goes, if you want to tank your standing with the UEE by engaging them in order to protect a pirate then that's your choice, but it makes you a pirate too so keep that in mind. Also, no one is under any obligation to protect a pirate simply because they're also in TEST.

Let's get real for a moment here. We've got over 3,000 main members and even more than that in affiliate members. There will be dozens, if not hundreds of people in the org that you won't like or will partake in activities that you aren't interested in. You will be expected to assist those members in certain circumstances. Situations like org driven activities, protecting solo miners from random NPC pirate spawns, etc. You will not be expected to jeopardize your ranking or standing with any group/organization (NPC or player) just because one guy does want to do that.

TEST is about having fun and playing the game how you want to play it.
If doing something isn't going to be fun for you, then you don't have to do it. I mean, it's not like we can reach through your monitor and pilot your ship for you.

TL;DR: Do it if you find it fun. Don't hurt TEST or its members.

Promeathean

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Promeathean
This is one of the areas of the game that we don't have much information on. Once we know exactly how much illegal activity affects the org's standing we'll be able to have guidelines that are a little more rigid in place.

The current thinking is to create a sister org for the pirates so they can do as much crime as they want, but won't be an influence on TEST's standing. We don't know how being allied or affiliated with an org that has a criminal standing will affect our standing so it might even be an "honor system" of TEST pirates don't screw with TEST proper.

As far as protecting them goes, if you want to tank your standing with the UEE by engaging them in order to protect a pirate then that's your choice, but it makes you a pirate too so keep that in mind. Also, no one is under any obligation to protect a pirate simply because they're also in TEST.

Let's get real for a moment here. We've got over 3,000 main members and even more than that in affiliate members. There will be dozens, if not hundreds of people in the org that you won't like or will partake in activities that you aren't interested in. You will be expected to assist those members in certain circumstances. Situations like org driven activities, protecting solo miners from random NPC pirate spawns, etc. You will not be expected to jeopardize your ranking or standing with any group/organization (NPC or player) just because one guy does want to do that.

TEST is about having fun and playing the game how you want to play it.
If doing something isn't going to be fun for you, then you don't have to do it. I mean, it's not like we can reach through your monitor and pilot your ship for you.

TL;DR: Do it if you find it fun. Don't hurt TEST or its members.
I agree with you 100% on the sister organization idea, thank you very much for the clarification EpilepticCricket :)

Reactions: Bishop

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Look at it this way: Don't shoot the pirates, and let us handle our own business. We're outlaws, we're going to get caught sometimes, and we're going to have the UEE breathing down our necks. Don't risk your reputation to defend us from what's coming to us. All we ask is that you good guy bounty hunters don't try to take down your org mates.

Also, regarding the sister org, we don't know whether that's a thing yet. We may not even need it. If we do, it'll happen, else it'll stay as normal.

Reactions: Promeathean

Promeathean

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Promeathean
Look at it this way: Don't shoot the pirates, and let us handle our own business. We're outlaws, we're going to get caught sometimes, and we're going to have the UEE breathing down our necks. Don't risk your reputation to defend us from what's coming to us. All we ask is that you good guy bounty hunters don't try to take down your org mates.

Also, regarding the sister org, we don't know whether that's a thing yet. We may not even need it. If we do, it'll happen, else it'll stay as normal.
You got it buddy! :)

Elac

Commander
Aug 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Elac
Sneaky sneaky spai thread, trying to brake us up from within.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You dont shoot fellow org members.

Also, there is not enough information on this topic for us to making decisions on how one individuals actions can affect everybody else.

Even if Chriss Roberts has an idea in his head how he thinks it can work, it may change several times before and after actual PTU launch.

My advice is - wait and see.

Forgot your password?