Phatasy Star Online 2: New Genesis

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I played the some of the original SEGA Phantasy Star games as well as Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. I've got PSO2 on PC through the Microsoft store, but I'm waiting to play when I hear that most of the worst bugs have been taken care of. I'm definitely excited for it though.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
i played the japanese version of PSO 2 its a good game just i had no rl friends to play with and the NA version wasnt out. My brother in law always guided me on missions etc.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
If a game requires something like that, there is something deeply wrong there. I shouldnt have to download a 3rd party software in order to stop a nuclear holocaust. PSO2 launch was a massive shit show and people who didnt know about tweaker had to deal with hell.
i never heard of this problem.

• o7

Madd-Wolf

Commander
Nov 30, 2019
RSI Handle
@maddwolf_316
The tweaker was used to be able to play the JP ver. also for the translation from JP to Eng...and now you can use the same Tweaker to play the NA ver of the game because MS screwed the pooch when PSO2 released in NA. If you try to DL the game through the MS Store you will have all sorts of problems with the game not working and have to RE-DL the game BC the files would get corrupted. So the Tweaker was 100 x more stable. However, they plan to release PSO2 on STEAM which will be a better option than the MS Store..

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I just learned that PSO2 will be undergoing a massive updating next year to bring it up to being comparable with the XBOX game PSO2: New Genesis that was recently unveiled. I also learned that supposedly both will be on the XBOX & PC as free to play games that will work as dual universes of separate games of the same series somehow. Seems intriguing to me.

Reactions: Madd-Wolf

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
The tweaker was used to be able to play the JP ver. also for the translation from JP to Eng...and now you can use the same Tweaker to play the NA ver of the game because MS screwed the pooch when PSO2 released in NA. If you try to DL the game through the MS Store you will have all sorts of problems with the game not working and have to RE-DL the game BC the files would get corrupted. So the Tweaker was 100 x more stable. However, they plan to release PSO2 on STEAM which will be a better option than the MS Store..
Id be willing to give it a go i did enjoy it just was lonely lol i was playing the true japanese version because i was in japan and my brother in law was doing his best to tell me what was going on.

Forgot your password?