Photoshop for FTL mod

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I'm trying to create a Connie FTL mod for a stream/giveaway. If anyone could help with the photoshopping that would be great. The image I have has a grey background to it that I need to make invisible.

http://imgur.com/qXy2zqS

If I could also get a cloak image (should be a transparent outline of the ship, 20px larger in every direction)

Other than that I can do the mod myself. I will happily share once I've finished.

LooneyB

Commander
Oct 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Bandito
that's a pretty small picture, do you have something bigger? The higher resolution, the cleaner the edit.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
That's great! Sorry to trouble you again but could you rotate it 90 degrees clockwise and reduce it to 78% of the original size? my image editors don't seem to be able to do that and leave it as a .png with a transparant background.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
On the subject of Photoshop. I was looking buying it, but I can only find a cloud version with a subscription fee. I thought it was a standalone program. Is it under another name?

Verticalmule

Space Marshal
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Verticalmule
On the subject of Photoshop. I was looking buying it, but I can only find a cloud version with a subscription fee. I thought it was a standalone program. Is it under another name?
Yeah they have gone to a cloud service. You can get an older version or get a free alternative, I use GIMP.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Testing the mod, seems to be working, thanks for your help everyone. Will clean it up tomorrow. Also, hate to ask, but if someone could make 4 images or so of chunks of the ship (it's for when you lose, the ships break into 4 bits and the bits float apart). I managed to make the cloaking image myself, though I've yet to test that it works... Still the mod at the very least is functional. cleared the first area earlier.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
A pile of gimp. If you've used photoshop a lot it'll feel like a bit of a back off, but then look at the price tag again and you'll make it work fine.

Forgot your password?