marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The scream of marcsand on next to olisar when the cutlass nearly ramed it from under him.
Don't sneak up on me!!! I sometimes have the bad habit of hitting the strafe back but I don't have eyes in my back :grin:
Or keeping throttle at full speed and kick the strafe back, that works as long as you don't go to mobiglass or type something in chat (the Gladius which I rammed was an accident, I just wanted to warn him not to stand still in space)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
yeap, multiple announcements:
I don't know if @Black Sunder also advertised in other discord channels, but as far as I know, we got the most TESTies in one instance thus far, all in one voice channel.
Maybe next time we just should take a few voice channels, one for the people already in the party / instance, another for the people that still want to join but don't have any contacts to join on as friend.
@spectre44 and I pulled in a bunch of latecomers without friend-contacts or just party invites.

I made some screenshots of the voice channel during the event, but still I think that we missed a few guys, or Spectre pulled them in without me noticing.
So it looks like each individual group has its own separate calendar, but there isn't a "master" TEST calendar that lists every groups activities?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So it looks like each individual group has its own separate calendar, but there isn't a "master" TEST calendar that lists every groups activities?
No and yes.

No:
The event was a Rock Raiders event, so it was posted in the appropriate calendar. Combat Flight Training isn't a group, it is an event for every TESTie, so CFT doesn't has a calendar. There is no master calendar on TEST forums.

Yes:
All events open for every TEST member to participate can be announced in the TEST discord #events channel.

The calendars only exist on the TEST forums, but if you check the forum statistics, you will see that 5.890 members are active on forums, not even all forum members are TEST member. TEST right now has 17.483 members
upload_2018-8-6_10-13-56.png
upload_2018-8-6_10-15-8.png

Forums only would reach one third of all TEST members, that is why the TEST discord #events channel is the most appropriate place to post open TEST events. But also not everybody gets notice from #events channel because they have it muted.

Comms are actually the base of every "event". Without comms everybody should use the ingame party chat, which obviously isn't very practical. You don't have to speak, listen also gives you the general idea of what to do. Some people just don't own a mic or feel not comfortable, speaking in a group. I used to be one of those people :slight_smile:

Forgot your password?