Pioneer question

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
They did sell land claims outside of the pioneer but I have not seen the option of late.
That was my recollection as well. The Pioneer came with a 4X4, and you could also buy an 8X8 claim.

Found it using a quick google search:

What differentiates the two types of Claim Licenses?
Claim licenses are available in two different sizes – Lots and Estates. A Lot equates to a patch of land roughly 4 Km x 4 Km in size, whereas an Estate is four times larger – 8 Km x 8 Km.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
As previously stated you do not need a Pioneer in the slightest to buy a claim, but the Pioneer is the only dedicated base building ship we've seen.

Once the tech is in it's likely (but not confirmed) you can order Pre-Fabricated buildings like bunkers, storage facilities, living quarters and whatnot to be delivered in a ship that can carry them, but the Pioneer is going to be able to just slap down and do it itself.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
As previously stated you do not need a Pioneer in the slightest to buy a claim, but the Pioneer is the only dedicated base building ship we've seen.

Once the tech is in it's likely (but not confirmed) you can order Pre-Fabricated buildings like bunkers, storage facilities, living quarters and whatnot to be delivered in a ship that can carry them, but the Pioneer is going to be able to just slap down and do it itself.

I always figured the ordering was going to be done by service beacons and thus either other players or NPC's would use their Pioneer to build out your base.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I always figured the ordering was going to be done by service beacons and thus either other players or NPC's would use their Pioneer to build out your base.
OH... publicity opportunity. What was I supposed to say? My notes! Oh there they are...
"Vav’s Pioneer Investments Group (AKA Vav’s PIG) is the premiere third rate construction contractor in the Universe! All work guaranteed not to rent, pit, tear, rust, corrode or fall apart until liftoff has been successfully achieved."

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
OH... publicity opportunity. What was I supposed to say? My notes! Oh there they are...
"Vav’s Pioneer Investments Group (AKA Vav’s PIG) is the premiere third rate construction contractor in the Universe! All work guaranteed not to rent, pit, tear, rust, corrode or fall apart until liftoff has been successfully achieved."
Much like in real life, IF I ever happen to have a home / outpost built to order on land that I'll own myself, I fully intend to have it buried under plenty of soil yet above ground level. Let that act as a natural shielding as well as potential camouflage to protect from weather as well as criminal hazards. Think of the glorious Hobbit houses, then picture an overgrown Ewok enjoying living there.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What a team. You build @Black Sunder provides the resources and @Stevetank makes sure they continue to pay for protection.
Late payments accumulate interest and I bet people have interest in keeping their kneecaps in their knees :P
... Look at that! Instant business plan. Seems financially sound to me!
The only outstanding item is, need to figure out how to build @Talonsbane an Ewok sized hobbit house in SC. I know the perfect disguise for it. You put a copper minable on top... no unwanted visitors for months, and then it would only be a noob we can recruit.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
The only outstanding item is, need to figure out how to build @Talonsbane an Ewok sized hobbit house in SC. I know the perfect disguise for it. You put a copper minable on top... no unwanted visitors for months, and then it would only be a noob we can recruit.
The Kraken Privateer has 10 new hab pods built out of cargo containers. I'm sure that we can just cut some holes in a box for them and call it the Shire. 😇

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The Kraken Privateer has 10 new hab pods built out of cargo containers. I'm sure that we can just cut some holes in a box for them and call it the Shire. 😇
Or I can just purchase a 10 year Argo MPUV Cargo, park it on some nice wooded area that had been crop circle stripped of trees, have a few prospectors dump their loads of garbage dirt over it (clear room for better ore gathering before taking to the refinery to maximize profits), then replant some new trees to complete the camouflaging process?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
They did sell individual land claims but the publicity was terrible so CIG latest money grab was shelved. After all no ship building required for selling planet space but each plot was $50 I think. You only need to purchase land if you want "security" from the authorities supposedly so in unlawful space you can build where you want.....

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
They did sell individual land claims but the publicity was terrible so CIG latest money grab was shelved. After all no ship building required for selling planet space but each plot was $50 I think. You only need to purchase land if you want "security" from the authorities supposedly so in unlawful space you can build where you want.....
Yeah, I don't exactly feel good about the prospects of this, I think most players are going to find that being stationary on a land claim in a gravity well is going to be a PITA. It depends how the rest of the game economy comes together - but I don't see why anything other than some mining operations would ever need to be on a planet or moon.
Castles went out of favor because artillery made them obsolete. Same thing could easily happen here.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah, I don't exactly feel good about the prospects of this, I think most players are going to find that being stationary on a land claim in a gravity well is going to be a PITA. It depends how the rest of the game economy comes together - but I don't see why anything other than some mining operations would ever need to be on a planet or moon.
Castles went out of favor because artillery made them obsolete. Same thing could easily happen here.

One would think but if past multiplayer games have taught me anything. Players love building and calling a place home, and some of the posts on SC especially in the no combat threads there is an unknown size of players eagerly anticipating being able to build their homestead somewhere safe protected by game laws.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Or I can just purchase a 10 year Argo MPUV Cargo, park it on some nice wooded area that had been crop circle stripped of trees, have a few prospectors dump their loads of garbage dirt over it (clear room for better ore gathering before taking to the refinery to maximize profits), then replant some new trees to complete the camouflaging process?
I've got an A2 that can clear out a circle of trees in no time 😆

Forgot your password?