Piracy Piracy Division/Squadron Organization Brainstorm

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
I think you are onto something. My hope, is that what Test will focus on is less telling pirates what to do and more along the lines of helping pirates be able to play as pirates. There is so much pirate hate out there in the SC community and the game has not even come out yet!! also, there are not a lot of big orgs that a pro pirate.
One way or another there will be pirates in game if Test wants some sway over them they can move to control the things they need. Where will we sell our stolen shit? where will we find safe places to hide from the law? where will we be able to buy things like insurance or prefabs to set up hunting bases or get information about potential targets. Unless another big org steps up test could step in as the #1 store in town for people who want to make a go at it pirating.
Plus it is one more reason to join test. Cause test pirates don't attack testies.
But I think that the pirate-hate is totally normal. Why would anyone like pirates if he does not desire to become one.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Megamedes

Admiral
Aug 12, 2017
RSI Handle
Humma_Kavula
Good evening,

With 3.0 coming out, i am seriously interested in helping out and participating in piracy in the star citizen PU, I do have a cutlass and soon a Nox. I will play with an iron fist against non-test squad members, and of course make a profit and get some ships. Fell free to add me in star citizen, and I am normally in Discord.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
I love the whole idea of outlaw life in SC. Doing jobs and activities thats against UEE laws and being part of a org that allows be to break laws. I'll be very good friends with the Banu. :) TEST #1

ROBINSON

Grand Admiral
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
R0BINS0N
I am greatly looking forward to a potential headache for management when pirate TESTIES steal/kill players who in some way are friendly to the non-Pirate side of TEST.

fun&games, messy fun&games haha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Experience has taught us that democracy is ineffective for large groups of gamers. When decisions are needed, democracies get bogged down in debate rather than taking swift, decisive action. The more layers of bureaucracy you add, the worse it gets.

What works is benevolent dictatorship. With a lean heirarchy, decisions are made quickly and members spend their time doing, rather than discussing. If you don't buy into the leaders' vision you join another org.

Nobody elected Montoya to lead TEST. Rather, he founded the org and laid out a vision that 14,000 of us have bought into: have fun, don't take ourselves too seriously, sobriety optional. Groups within TEST will be lead by the people Dear Leader chooses for their commitment, organizational, and communication skills. Do you aspire to a leadership position in TEST? Participate in group activities and show that you can get shit done. The cream will rise to the top.
Very true. Bureaucracy needs to be avoided at all costs. I'm in the army, and that shit bogs down everything. Haha.
Theres that, but there is also my preferred method.

We meet up, we drink, we fight.

If you take me down, you get to command a division.

We are doing this Klingon style!

While Im partially joking, I am also very serious of anybody even contemplating leadership needing to meet up in person eventually.

If you are the kind of person I enjoy hanging out with in real life, then chances are you are also the kind of person others will enjoy following in this game.
Good, so if I avoid ever meeting you, I'll potentially never get promoted. Sweet. With ranks comes responsibility, and nobody wants that, haha.
Since you can't herd Cats.
May I suggest simplicity.
Just throw em a piece of red meat and watch the fur fly.
Collect Intel during the week.
Come Sat night Montoya can choose three or so systems, place em on a wheel, give er a spin.
Around and around she goes... were she lands no one knows ahead of time.
Secure the exits of the chosen system.
knock out system communications.
Open the gates and let the furry herd have their way with it. An all you can grab tender tuna vittles buffet.
If it's not flying the Test Flag it's far game.
Be thoughtful and stick around awhile so the reclaimer crews can mop up.
Pay your crew!
Donate 10% of your nights net profits to the Test Squadron Foundation.
Ooooo, I like this. I wonder if instance caps will allow for it.
Good evening,

With 3.0 coming out, i am seriously interested in helping out and participating in piracy in the star citizen PU, I do have a cutlass and soon a Nox. I will play with an iron fist against non-test squad members, and of course make a profit and get some ships. Fell free to add me in star citizen, and I am normally in Discord.
You're Canadian. You can't be a ruthless pirate. You're too damn nice. Are you going to nice them to death? :wink:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Very true. Bureaucracy needs to be avoided at all costs. I'm in the army, and that shit bogs down everything. Haha.

Good, so if I avoid ever meeting you, I'll potentially never get promoted. Sweet. With ranks comes responsibility, and nobody wants that, haha.

Ooooo, I like this. I wonder if instance caps will allow for it.

You're Canadian. You can't be a ruthless pirate. You're too damn nice. Are you going to nice them to death? :wink:
Canadian pirates give you a ride home after stealing your ship and help you fill out the insurance forms.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Wow. Just brutal.

I'm going to lock you up in the back of my Cutlass and make you listen to/read all of the bullshit I will have to deal with.

Then you can dictate it back to me while I actually play the game.
Great! I'll grab a Caterpillar and we can start raiding :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Canadian pirates give you a ride home after stealing your ship and help you fill out the insurance forms.
True story. Even give you a beer to help you deal with the loss. Haha
Wow. Just brutal.

I'm going to lock you up in the back of my Cutlass and make you listen to/read all of the bullshit I will have to deal with.

Then you can dictate it back to me while I actually play the game.
Wait, with or without beer?
Great! I'll grab a Caterpillar and we can start raiding :smile:
Woohoo. I'll take the beer, you take the loot.

Reactions: Stevetank
Forgot your password?