Piracy Pirate Palaver

Ryonin Shonin

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
RyoninShonin
This thread is to post new information as we learn to keep us all updated as a group. I will post updates to the plans for specific Pirate Palavers as changes happen.

What is Pirate Palaver?

An introduction/discussion of Piracy Game-play.
Game-play and Testing, Inventory preparation/setup, Vehicle Staging
Can Include,
  1. [Looking for Loot] Finding trade routes, mining locations, quantum routes
  2. [Communicating with your target] Learning/using in game VOIP/FOIP
  3. [Holding targets] Disabling ships( E.M.P. and Distortion weapons, Quantum Snares, Quantum Entanglement ), Destroying ships(cargo box piñata)
  4. [Collecting profits] How to gather loot boxes by hand and TruHold Tractor Beam Attachment for the Pyro RYT Multi-Tool
  5. [Disengaging] Escaping with the loot, selling cargo, selling rare inventory items
General discussion will include,
1. Exploring how can you pirate in current patch?
  1. How can you avoid being the target of piracy?
All players are welcome!

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This is huge. You should post something in general about looting boxes in space, handling the multi-tool, how you get stuff aboard, and how to open the boxes. Don't post here. Not enough people read here.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
The first Pirate Palaver was encouraging.

1. Confirmed cargo boxes drop from destroyed ships
2. Boxes persist long enough to loot them
3. explosions and engine wash interact with the boxes
4. cargo moved to a ships cargo grid can be sold at an admin office
That's great news!

I've sent you some old piracy gameplay event idea on discord 🍻

600f970267a6bc0019d9af45-2.png

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Some people say piracy, others say buccaneer's, heck, historicly they're privateers (sic CR) I prefer the term "freebooter" defined as; One who is free to boot; A free-er of booty; verb - I see you've been freebooting again /or/ Damn, look at the size of that free booty!
We could even have a theme song similar to YMCA playing over the comms when we jam them. You could Jam to your favorite jam while jamming!
I also thought I'd post this old link to a spectrum thread from WAAAAAAY back in the day about
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates - General - Star Citizen - Spectrum v5.5.0 (robertsspaceindustries.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?