Plan: buy base package only, progress on release.

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
Just remember the DUR might not look good right now, but after they rework it with with the new Freelancer model it might end up being freaking sweet..... Same can be said of the Cutlass' tho...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Hrm, of course could be going about this all wrong, I'm sure the reclaimer has a scanner as well... still considering...
"Reclaimer is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks. Tractor beams, floodlights, scanner options and docking ports round out the tools on this capable, utilitarian spacecraft."

It has options for a scanner. Might not be as deep space as the DUR or Red, but probably is. And the idea of logging on to your Red and flying out to find a site then logging off and flying back with Reclaimer is probably too long of a process.

Although the DUR has MUCH better fuel efficiency.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Its funny, it seems like all the medium ships are getting a re-work. With the low poly models they had, it is nice though.

Neslie

Commander
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Neslie
As a newbie in this game too, I understand your "accident", haha. The ships are really cool looking! Alas methinks I can only afford the almighty Aurora :p

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Sadly I think I like the Mustang more than the Aurora and may end up changing. Tis a sad day.

ACrzyRussian

Captain
Donor
Jan 30, 2016
RSI Handle
ACrzyRussian
My Avenger Titan transformed into a Freelancer MAX just recently. And I do believe my Reliant Kore will be evolving into a Sen whenever they unlock next...

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I came home one night to find my Aurora LN in bed with a NASA space shuttle. The result was an Avenger Titan sitting in the womb of my inventory the next morning.... Something about that seemed very wrong, and yet, a little bit right.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Honestly though, my initial plan(real plan) worked. I kept buying 1 or 2 pieces of flair with cash, then when I had enough, I would upgrade my ship, or buy a new one. I'm a little over $500 into SC now...... hell that could have paid for a second video card.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Honestly though, my initial plan(real plan) worked. I kept buying 1 or 2 pieces of flair with cash, then when I had enough, I would upgrade my ship, or buy a new one. I'm a little over $500 into SC now...... hell that could have paid for a second video card.
I was thinking about getting a WiiU because it has a ton of my favorite N64 games on it + Super Mario Maker + Splatoon.

"250 dollars?! What am I, made of money?!"

Then I remembered that's pretty much exactly how much I shelled out for my Caterpillar....one ship in SC.

That was sobering.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I was thinking about getting a WiiU because it has a ton of my favorite N64 games on it + Super Mario Maker + Splatoon.

"250 dollars?! What am I, made of money?!"

Then I remembered that's pretty much exactly how much I shelled out for my Caterpillar....one ship in SC.

That was sobering.
Your mistake was to compare your SC expenditures to your RL expenditures. Don't think about the fact that some people have spent more on their internet .jpeg spaceships than they have on their own car.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
$705 USD on RSI. And I'm not sure how much buying from TESTies here. A few hundred more. That may not be impressive to some, but with the Canadian exchange rate, I think that's about $8,342,796.00 CAD. And all I wanted was a Cutlass. I don't have a cutlass anymore. :( I got drunk and gifted it to my brother. No RAGRETS! Haha.

No-RAgrets-Tattoo-BIG.jpg

Reactions: Grimbli and marctek

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Yep I started and then thought "I'm going to get a gladius and that will be good enough". I now have an aurora, gladiator, freelance and a connie.

I have also bought my kids each a Avenger Titan. This game is not good for my pocket book.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Ah, so many lies we tell ourselves. I remember a year ago when I was "only gonna buy a starter package" which got beefed up to a 315p before I hit buy, then a nother and a nother purty ship followed me home one night... and I keep saying I"m done now, but yet, maybe that one over there!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
$705 USD on RSI. And I'm not sure how much buying from TESTies here. A few hundred more. That may not be impressive to some, but with the Canadian exchange rate, I think that's about $8,342,796.00 CAD. And all I wanted was a Cutlass. I don't have a cutlass anymore. :( I got drunk and gifted it to my brother. No RAGRETS! Haha.

View attachment 1419
I feel ya man. I don't know about the exchange rate, but I've probably spent around $1000. And I'm not done yet lol. There's a few bigger ships I want to CCU up to.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I feel ya man. I don't know about the exchange rate, but I've probably spent around $1000. And I'm not done yet lol. There's a few bigger ships I want to CCU up to.
It's painful. Too painful, lol. That's why I've stopped buying. Keep my fleet small, and have something to work towards in game.

Forgot your password?