Please don't like my thread-campaign

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hahaha... *sigh* I should never have posted that....well, at least should have avoided that pic. That went into a whole wrong direction.
I just wanted to point out that, if you like attractive women, you have to do something to be an attractive man. Thus, if you want a woman...girl like on that pic - which is fun because of the context - you have to STOP eating cookies and/or drinking beer.
For sure, "attractive" is totally bound to be subjective. Looking to me, I'm more into sports then into character traits. Okay, thats a lie. Lets say that its weighted between 60(gym)/40(char) and 70/30.

Besides, I'm on my way to 43, and this chick on the pic is what? 18? 19?
That bitch, I envy her *cough* :D
Oh course that's not what you meant. We know that. And of course it went in the wrong direction. This is TEST, haha. ;)
Twas good fun though.
And Sam, 42 is young. Really young. Sheesh, I'll be 38 right away. Right behind you. :)

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
go study!
But thermal dynamics is hard! I need someone to discuss it with, since I'm lost with all the formulas and equations and what they stand for!
Entropy is from the logarithm of the.. big omega, which is the probability of a certain microstate given the macrostate?

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Thermal Dynamics, so you can calculate how long my cookies have to stay in the oven until they're ready?
I can calculate how long your cookies have to stay in the oven until all the water has evaporated, given the right information...
Does that help?

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
I can calculate how long your cookies have to stay in the oven until all the water has evaporated, given the right information...
Does that help?
Hmm, i need ~5 to 10% percent water left, also each part should have reached ~80°C for at least a minuite
Also at this poin't the surface shouldn't be burned.

If you can calculate the time and temperature to achive this, you can be shure that the time you've spent learning was a good investion.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Hmm, i need ~5 to 10% percent water left, also each part should have reached ~80°C for at least a minuite
Also at this poin't the surface shouldn't be burned.

If you can calculate the time and temperature to achive this, you can be shure that the time you've spent learning was a good investion.
We haven't covered what makes things get burnt, so that might be a problem...
Don't think approximating cookies with an Einstein solid is a good idea. :S

So I can't do the calculations. Sorry :(

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
We haven't covered what makes things get burnt, so that might be a problem...
Don't think approximating cookies with an Einstein solid is a good idea. :S

So I can't do the calculations. Sorry :(
okay how things get burned isn't that hard, let me try to explain: Each element has a temperature where it will catch fire. For example corn will start burning by itself at 250°C so if the surface area of a Cookie reaches ~240°C (there are always some molecules which have more energy than the surrounding area) you can aussume that it will start to get burned.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
okay how things get burned isn't that hard, let me try to explain: Each element has a temperature where it will catch fire. For example corn will start burning by itself at 250°C so if the surface area of a Cookie reaches ~240°C (there are always some molecules which have more energy than the surrounding area) you can aussume that it will start to get burned.
Good point! You don't even need to subtract the energy released when burning from the total, if there's no flame... Or at least save the energy emitted as light, so no excited electrons to take into account.

I like where this is going. Might be able to cook (hehe) something up :)

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Good point! You don't even need to subtract the energy released when burning from the total, if there's no flame... Or at least save the energy emitted as light, so no excited electrons to take into account.

I like where this is going. Might be able to cook (hehe) something up :)
well, if we have an oxidation with a flame, we can be shure, that our cookie is wasted :D
Btw, would you dare to ask this question in Class, so your whole Class spent some time to calculate Cookies?

Forgot your password?