Pokemon Go

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Hi all - currently sat in my office in glorious Britland, regretting my decisions to get an Iphone & waiting for the pokemon Go release..

I'm assuming you'll all be on team yellow :D

If there's some kind of long range trade feature, I'm all for helping each other out

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I don't even have the option for the APK - damn IPhone means id have had to register it to a US iTunes account.. massive pain since I use my phone for work :P

Reactions: Lockewood

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I definitely picked it up, but I've still got the G4 so the app is having connectivity issues, very likely due to the connectivity issues from the phone/antennae itself.

It looks like you get the choice of catching a Gen I starter when you begin. And then random patches of grass/shaking leaves appear near your location. You walk to them and encounter Pokes. I caught a Pidgey while I was at a bus stop but then moved away before it registered as caught. I've been encountering a lot of server issues this afternoon. And it was asking me to create a new account instead of recognizing that I already made one...

I've heard you can have a lot of functionality for free so I'll see how far that takes me. I will be hesitant if higher levels require a lot of poke balls or pay-only-balls.

I'm skeptical because so many mobile games seem to let you get hooked for free and then you hit a major paywall or grindfest to progress---which is their business model. Successful, just frustrating. I'd rather pay $5-10 upfront for the whole package :D

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
As far as I can see, you're able to buy poke coins, however these can also be earned by having pokemon resident at a gym - there's also a lot of locations you can get free things (Loving the amount on campus) So hopefully it won't require too much cash based lubrication so long as you're active :D

Reactions: Lockewood and Walex

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
if you have not started yet, when the starting Pokemon spawn if you walk away from them three times, the fourth time they spawn Pikachu will also spawn. so if you want to start with a pikachu that is how.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
I love charmander, I always go charmander, but I wish I would just go...bulbasaur, the abilities are more interesting, even though squirtle is the best starter historically. Guess I wont be playing, the decisions are too hard for me - can't deal with this kind of stuff.

Forgot your password?