Polaris looks good in pyro

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For Polaris scouts you want low sig, speed, high scan, low deck footprint ( to fit more than 1) and a bonus is lethality. The Terrapin seems to fit all but the last, but it is not fast nor lethal enough to cope with enemy scouts. So yeah, the Firebird looks pretty full of awesome.

If we can cut the wings off the Razor and it still flies well in vacuum, maybe the resulting tiny footprint could change the game. Depends if you lose thrusters by cutting off the wings.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I honestly wish the would make some mods for the terrapin as a drop ship or med Evac it would be such a great companion to the Polaris especially if the hangar allowed it to be refitted.

As for the firebird I'm still not convinced that a single light fighter is going to be able to provide a pivotal role in any combat situations the Polaris should be expected to engage in.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Well keep in mind, the Sabres are all medium fighters with stealth. To be fair, it should run away if it’s facing more than four fighters. That is a lot, however, and it doesn’t need to go looking for a fight. It needs to scout, and to shepherd torps onto target, which means flying with them and killing any fighters that close on the torps. With missiles, it gets first dibs. It can fire well before opponents guns come in range, and it will be invisible at that range.

I can’t wait to try it. I just wonder how many will fit in the Polaris hanger. I’m hoping maybe three. Anyone have fleetviewer and can check, please let us know.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I honestly wish the would make some mods for the terrapin as a drop ship or med Evac it would be such a great companion to the Polaris especially if the hangar allowed it to be refitted.

As for the firebird I'm still not convinced that a single light fighter is going to be able to provide a pivotal role in any combat situations the Polaris should be expected to engage in.
I'd love to see mods or at least different versions of the Terrapin.

Well keep in mind, the Sabres are all medium fighters with stealth. To be fair, it should run away if it’s facing more than four fighters. That is a lot, however, and it doesn’t need to go looking for a fight. It needs to scout, and to shepherd torps onto target, which means flying with them and killing any fighters that close on the torps. With missiles, it gets first dibs. It can fire well before opponents guns come in range, and it will be invisible at that range.

I can’t wait to try it. I just wonder how many will fit in the Polaris hanger. I’m hoping maybe three. Anyone have fleetviewer and can check, please let us know.
Question, so I just checked Erkul & many of the components don't yet alter the IR or EM signatures of ships to improve their stealthiness, so how would using a Pisces Exploration version with components that make it less detectable seem? You could probably launch multiple from the small deck of the Polaris & they have quantum drives to pop in / out of problem areas. As small as they are, they might seem like nobody worth wasting time over, until they have pinged, which by the time they're intercepted, could possibly have spooled up their Q & jumped away to safety.

Forgot your password?