Polaris weapons update/clarifacation

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
"Updated on: October 19, 2016

In an effort to clear up confusion, we’ve consulted the designer for clarification and have a revised list of hardpoints. The Polaris current planned loadout is set to include:
• 4x S10 Torpedo Launch tubes
• 5x Manned Turrets (Twin S4 Weapons)
• 1x Remote Manned Turret (Twin S5 Weapons)
• 1x Automated Turret (Twin S4 Weapons)
• 2x Anti-Fighter Missile Racks, each carrying 16x S3 Missiles
As with other ships, feedback we receive through our usual channels and information gathered and received during playtesting and balancing may necessitate revisions of a ship’s hardpoint complement. Our primary focus will always be ensuring that any new additions to the game not only fulfill their intended roles, but also work in harmony with the vision and design intentions across the entire game."
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15564-RSI-Polaris-Q-A-Part-2

I am very hyped because of this, it is more firepower then I was thinking the sight was saying. I feel this will make this ship not only a good offensive weapon vs larger ships, but also very good at keeping back smaller ships. thoughts?

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
"Updated on: October 19, 2016

In an effort to clear up confusion, we’ve consulted the designer for clarification and have a revised list of hardpoints. The Polaris current planned loadout is set to include:
• 4x S10 Torpedo Launch tubes
• 5x Manned Turrets (Twin S4 Weapons)
• 1x Remote Manned Turret (Twin S5 Weapons)
• 1x Automated Turret (Twin S4 Weapons)
• 2x Anti-Fighter Missile Racks, each carrying 16x S3 Missiles
As with other ships, feedback we receive through our usual channels and information gathered and received during playtesting and balancing may necessitate revisions of a ship’s hardpoint complement. Our primary focus will always be ensuring that any new additions to the game not only fulfill their intended roles, but also work in harmony with the vision and design intentions across the entire game."
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15564-RSI-Polaris-Q-A-Part-2

I am very hyped because of this, it is more firepower then I was thinking the sight was saying. I feel this will make this ship not only a good offensive weapon vs larger ships, but also very good at keeping back smaller ships. thoughts?
I agree, it's a good attack ship!

MikeAlphaTangoTango

Space Marshal
Oct 2, 2014
RSI Handle
MikeAlphaTangoTango
TWIN SIZE 4S ON THE TURRETS?!

Man, I really don't want to be at the wrong end of those guns in anything smaller than another Polaris. Especially if/when manned turrets get balanced or fixed or whatever...

I sorta hope this leads to a size change in some of the manned turrets on the older ships, like the Tali and the Cutlass.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I am thrilled with the size guns, but astonished they are putting 32 S3 anti-fighter missiles aboard. Arrester III S3 missiles have a 36 km range and 12 km tracking distance. Fighters might be safe from them if they maneuver hard, but little else. This ship is a BEAST.
I'm glad I didn't buy one, but I'm fucking stoked to fly on one.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The above chart does not seem to me reasonable at all. I would love it if the Retaliator suddenly had good cruise. It is the horrible cruise to date that has turned me off from it. I don't believe the stats here on the Starfarer or StarG. They make me think someone has published nonsense they made up. Who could believe a heavy hauler is faster than half the fighters? Also, the new ship speeds imply all these numbers are twice what they should be.

Forgot your password?