[Poll] Arma 3 Server

What kind of gameplay would you like to see in (our) Arma 3 server

• military simulation (needs discipline, training and organization)

• casual gaming (More fast paced action, less organized, little training)

• i just want to hang around from time to time and kill someone (I just want to see the world burn)

• ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• player driven missions (this will need mission builders | Zeus modes etc. | PVE and PVP)

• KoTH (King of the Hill) (PVP)

• Altis Life (roleplay never played it so i don't know much about it)

• Antistasi (SP and MP Missions)

• Wasteland (Survival, a little bit like DayZ without Zombies)

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Since there are so many ways to play arma, so many mods to use i would like to ask what kind of gameplay you're probably interested in.
There are two parts of this poll. You can answer one but also more
Part 1:

Milsim: This is a special kind of community something between fun and hard work. This needs training, tactical language, discipline, military structure and so on. Also usally heavy modded games and servers. When you're dead you're game is over or you will need a long time to recover and get back to battle (Lets say ~30 Minutes). Also maybe a little roleplay might be wanted.
Casual: You want to hop into the game, are willing to follow a rough structure and some military discipline. Killing you teammates for fun is okay from to time because they quickly can respawn. Night chain of command and stuff like that
Fast paced action: quick respawns, organization and structure is up to you. No training everyone does what he / she wants.

Part 2:

player driven missions: Content creators set up well planned missions, also Zeus might be used. This is definitly quite some work and i also think that if you want fast paced action this is not what you want.
KotH: You try to conquer different sectors, rank up, earn cash and buy better weapons. This is for the fast paced and casual gamers who want PVP https://armakoth.com/index.html
Altis Life: https://www.altisliferpg.com/ Well rpg stuff i guess
Antistasi: I think this fits the "casual gamer" who wants PVE most. Random missions and encounters. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=german&id=378941393
Wasteland: http://a3wasteland.com/about Survival gameplay

Reactions: Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I've been playing a heavily modded Star Wars version of arma with some of my RP pals lately, so i'd prefer something a little more laid-back. Player driven missions can be a ton of fun if people want to put in the effort tho.
also how come i'm the only person who voted for '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------' so far.
c'mon guys, this is TEST, pick the line break option :p

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
The most fun I've had in Arma was with my group who considered themselves serious casual.

We didn't force hardcore milsim, radio protocol, ranks, modern weapons only, advanced medical etc but we followed a rough command/fire team structure and generally kept the stupid dickery to a minimum.

Zues would lay out the mission and tell us what equipment we had available and then the leader for that game would lay out the battle plan based on that. Respawns would usually get teleported back to the group etc instead of having to wait for a helo pilot to be retasked etc. We didn't use a huge number of mods, MCC, TFR/TeamSpeak, a mag repack mod, and the Shacktacitcal package iirc

Reactions: Michael and Sraika

InfinityCircuit

Admiral
Aug 15, 2015
RSI Handle
InfinityCircuit
Star Wars or Halo mod would be sweet. I'm partial to Antistasi or Dynamic Recon Ops, though. I prefer cooperative play to PVP, though with a good team PVP is alright. My competitive days are over; they were technically over when CS 1.6 went away.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
just going to bump this thread so we can maybe get some more poll responses

also what's going on with the server?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Server is back up today. Me and @Michael tested some missions out. We can do a public event soon to grab a lot of members at the same time.
Thanks as i said before i'm in Korea (26.09 - 03.09) in the next couple of days so i can't provide much support at that time. Also Evocati might even distract a little bit more.

First: towards the poll the majority wants a "casual gaming style" and hand crafted missions. We think this will need a lot of effort. We need mission builders,experienced Zeus, missions, mods even things like a Team Speak Server might become relavant. This is a call for everyone if you want to help and support this, feel free to to get involved.

As a first start its a good idea to start with a basic vanilla antistasi server. It will provide missions, a task and a time independent opportunity to get into the game whenever you want. If we see there is still high demand for more A3 gameplay we will happily try to provide more support.

I will collect, provide and summarize as much details and information as i can to give you a smooth and easy start into the game, soon (TM).

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I've been playing a heavily modded Star Wars version of arma with some of my RP pals lately, so i'd prefer something a little more laid-back. Player driven missions can be a ton of fun if people want to put in the effort tho.
also how come i'm the only person who voted for '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------' so far.
c'mon guys, this is TEST, pick the line break option :p
I got suckered into this too, thanks sraika....

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Excellent, thanks for the info, guys.
As far as mods go, the only one i definitely suggest is task force radio, which is a really cool mod that integrates teamspeak into the game as radios.
there are a ton of other great mods also (too many to list lol) , but if i had to pick one it would be that one.
As far as helping out goes, i would not describe myself as an experienced zeus, or even a good mission builder, really, but i'm definitely willing to put some time into figuring things out if you'd like me to. Shoot me a message here or on discord if you need anything : )

Reactions: Michael
Forgot your password?