[Poll] To Pledge or Not to Pledge, that is the Question

How should I go about purchasing a Pledge package for Star Citizen to get the best fiscal value?

• Total voters

Flipsie

Lieutenant
Dec 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Flipsie
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Time and Wait for Anniversary,
Or to take Arms against the Price of pledging,
And my pledging, join it? To pay, to play--

Hey guys I was thinking about either buying a game package or waiting for another anniversary sale and I wanted to hear you opinions so I created a poll to find out what you all think that I should do. Thank you in advance.

Zsigmon

Captain
Nov 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Zsig
I say buy the minimum package as a form of support. You get access and can go pewpew to your hearts content in AC.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054

Well, they did sell 5,000 discounted Aurora MR packages for $20 during the Anniversary Sale, but those sold out in an hour and a half. :/
I admire CIG for trying to get new players into the game, but that's only effective if those new players get on in the hour that those ships were on sale. I knew about it ahead of time and still missed it. :/

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I admire CIG for trying to get new players into the game, but that's only effective if those new players get on in the hour that those ships were on sale. I knew about it ahead of time and still missed it. :/
Also helps if potential new buyers even knew about the sale to know to even get on..... and then fighting for all the current SC pledgers who either purchased ships for profit or in a few cases to donate or insure cost maintains the CIG's set $20 price.

But I think go ahead and get the base package... if you like it you can upgrade the package to the next level ship.. It gets you into the AC to let you test it out.....

Oh... the first ship and this forum and the various TWITCH streams and youtube videos are crack.... be careful or you will be spending more than $45 very quickly.....

"Hey man... you got them ships man?"

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Also helps if potential new buyers even knew about the sale to know to even get on..... and then fighting for all the current SC pledgers who either purchased ships for profit or in a few cases to donate or insure cost maintains the CIG's set $20 price.

But I think go ahead and get the base package... if you like it you can upgrade the package to the next level ship.. It gets you into the AC to let you test it out.....

Oh... the first ship and this forum and the various TWITCH streams and youtube videos are crack.... be careful or you will be spending more than $45 very quickly.....

"Hey man... you got them ships man?"
I vowed to only buy a 300i. That's turned into an omega, an anniversary LX, and a cutlass. GG CIG.

Preston

Vice Admiral
Dec 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Stomeg
Get a base package, and if you want to upgrade later on, you can always CCU it to something else.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Buy the basic package. If you find something nicer during holiday sales, or if something else tickles your fancy, you can always melt it and get something else. Or, buy it fresh and you'll have two ships.

Long story short, yes. I spent what I would consider 'oodles' of money backing the game, but that's not 'only' because internet spaceships are pretty, and it's not 'only' because I think BadNewsBaron sounds hilarious acting like darth vader. It is mainly because I want to believe in what they are doing with the game, and I want to support it how I can.

Sending you a PM.
Why didn't you ever send 'me' a PM captain... I thought you loved me.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I'm very jelly. Montoya wouldn't show 'me'. Something about not trusting me to not post them on the internet publicly or somesuch bullshit.

Of 'course' I would.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
IMO, get the 45 dollar Aurora MR+ pack, and shell out just a bit more for an Legionnaire upgrade.7

Or alternately, wait a few weeks for the Mustang to come out (same price, slightly cheaper construction, slightly less firepower, but faster and more manuverable! And looks cooler!)

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
Yep, that might be the first switch/purchase that I make. To go from the aurora to the mustang.
It just looks cool.

Forgot your password?