[POLL] Who is planning to get an Endeavor

Are you buying an Endeavor?

• Yes, no matter what.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Most likely, yes, but may depend on how "saturated" TEST becomes.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • No, for any reason.

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • I'm willing to help finance the purchase of an "organization-owned" Endeavor

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • We need more information, so I'm adding my thoughts, below.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
So much hype is being thrown around about the Endeavor, and based on recent RTV and ATV content, I think its fairly safe to assume in the least that the Endeavor will be half the size of the Idris. (edit: from same size and price--apologies for inaccuracy) This means, manning it effectively will be a challenge if many people pick one up since everyone would want to be their own little captain of an NPC-filled ship.

If you are dead-set on scooping one up, then understandably, this poll is moot, but please vote anyways, so we can see where we stand. However, if your decision would be swayed, for example, by knowing that 'everyone else' is getting one (or whatever) then let's discuss this.

The way I see it is, for such a large ship, requiring so many crew, it might be more feasible to approach this from an "organizational" level, much the same way we might obtain an Idris or Hull-E, or some such (large) multi-crew ship. My motivation for this is that I don't want a huge hospital with a target painted on my back if I cannot get a sizable crew to support / protect it, since I'm personally not the most social person in the Verse; no offense, I simply do not want people to have to rely on me and my crazy schedule.

Thus I present you with the following poll. For the sake of argument, please just assume the hypothetical price-point of $450. (edit: from $1000; apologies for inaccuracy)

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Thus I present you with the following poll. For the sake of argument, please just assume the hypothetical price-point of $1000.
Yeah about that....

- Base Endeavor (Standard Labs Attached) - $425
- Base Hope (Hospital Layout) - $450
- Base Endeavor (No Pods) - $350

And no I'm not getting one.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Maybe yes, maybe no, depends on the ship write up/pre veiw.

I expect it to need a fairly large player/NPC crew so I really can't see me getting this ship

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'll throw down some bones for a TEST hospital variant if we end up doing that, but it's not the ship for my personal needs.

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
I'm getting one, for sure. At least a full hope, and full bio-dome setup.

But I do hope we get at least one dedicated org-owned hope as well. Will contribute.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I'd be interested in helping the org getting a Hope if its useful for Pitchfork or Yawspoon. That isn't really clear at the moment so I'm on the fence but I would still donate. If there are other members getting a hope anyway, the funds would be better served getting a hot tub in Montoya's constellation. Otherwise, I say we can get it in no time in the verse with good old sweat, tears and ingenuity.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
What he said.

Also, it's ~200m compared to the Idris at ~400m...
man, I'm REALLY off my game today. Apologies 16 hour patch in the early am really drained me this morning. Haven't slept since yesterday morning :( (hooray for having a job, though, i guess, haha) Thank you all for the clarifications!! Adjusting my post. ...so embarrassing, ha ha.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
man, I'm REALLY off my game today. Apologies 16 hour patch in the early am really drained me this morning. Haven't slept since yesterday morning :( (hooray for having a job, though, i guess, haha) Thank you all for the clarifications!! Adjusting my post. ...so embarrassing, ha ha.
At least now we know you're not a spai!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Will not be buying one with real money, not to say I think its a bad deal but I am poor. I think after we see the details it will probably look a bit more appealing. A few members of the exploration group talked about if it could be used out in deep space and the group possibly funding one in game. I just need to see more about it to make a real opinion.

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
I won't be buying one now; aside from the lack of money in my bank account, im also not comfortable owning a ship that requires a huge crew right now. I'd consider saving for one in-game as a very long term goal though.
That said, I really want to serve on one, ideally one running as a space-meth lab/illegal organ harvesting operation and so i'm hoping someone in TEST is thinking of doing that.

I also think a hospital variant would be a great asset for the org to own and would contribute what I can to buying one.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Forgot your password?